Chapter 1b: Talentosa pt. 2

Leafy

"Come on, Rocky, let's head toward the stage, there's a cluster of people over there." I pointed, I looked down, Rocky shyly agreed and squeezed my hand. We walked along the long red carpet making a path down the gym, the red banners hanging in front of the bleachers on each side of the gym made the place feel important. Under the carpet was a huge Object Peak logo, it was everywhere, on the curtains on the stage, printed on the podium, even on the walls.

I felt something warm on my arm, I turned to see an orange flame guy, I decided I'd talk to him. (BTW guys, there's no shipping in this story!! No Fireafy, Tengolf, Pen-cil, nothing)

"Hi there, Mr. Flame!" I joked.

"How do you know my name!?" He asked loudly and shocked.

"Your name is Flame?" I asked gasping.

"Yes, well, my last name is Flame, my real name is Firey Flame, SHSL Scout Leader! I teach all my young scouts the importance of survival!" He cheered.

"Aah, nice to meet you, Firey, my name's Leafy Green, SHSL Environmentalist, this is Rocky Illbuyer, Rocky, wanna tell your talent?" I introduced an asked. Rocky nodded slowly and Firey watched, interested to hear what his talent is.

"I-I'm the S-SHSL P-p-patient..." Rocky stuttered, "I-I'm not very g-good with new p-peop-ple."

"I understand, most of my scouts start off like you, their parents make them go, but after Summer, they have the most energetic personas!" Firey put his fist in the air and smiled, "They also start to love nature like I do!"

"You love nature!? If you didn't hear, I'm the SHSL Environmentalist! Nature is my life! We should totally hangout later!" I exclaimed.

"Agreed! We should talk about Smidmile trees!" Firey suggested.

"I love Smidmile trees! Well, anyway, I'm going to go talk with others with little Rocky by my side." I smiled and saluted. I started walking over to a group of three, the red object was with them.

"Well, anyway, this would be the best place to hold class meetings!" She cheered.

"But, isn't this the gym?" A tall silver girl asked.

"She's right, people would be having gym here, that wouldn't be a good idea." A circular, shiny orange object agreed.

"Haven't you noticed!? There's literally no one in this school except us 20 students!" The red object cried, flinging her arms up.

"I think she's on to something!" I chipped in, still holding on to Rocky.

"Were you guys spying on us?" The orange guy stormed up and pointed to my eye.

"No, I just wanted to come meet you guys and it so happened that you were talking about that." I waved my hands in front of my and had a nervous look on my face. He stood still for a second and looked up at the sky blankly.

"Makes sense, I'm Coiny Loans, SHSL Banker! You want your money from your safe, you got it in a literal second!" He said.

"I'll go next, I guess. My name is Needle Pointer, SHSL Streamstress. I can sew a lot, I'm also slightly shy." The tall silver girl introduced.

"Nice to meet you guys!" I smiled and waved.

"Well, 18, we're finally going to know each other, you go first." The red one ordered.

"K, I'm Leafy Green, SHSL Environmentalist!" I cheered, I stretched my arms out to add to my cheerfulness. The red girl looked at me straight in the eye and and squinted.

"Nice talent!" She yelled happily, I was surprised at the change in attitude, "I'm Pin Tacker, SHSL Organiser! I am always on TOP of things, everything is a schedule for me."

"That's why you told me about the 18, checked everyone's letters, etc." I pointed out.

"Yup!" Pin briefly went up on her toes and put her hands behind her back, if you would like to, you could help me plan this event! Since the others don't believe me." She glared at Needle and Coiny.

"Hehe...." Needle laughed nervously.

"Sure, no problem! What should we do?" I asked, responding to Pin.

"Hmmmm.......Ooh! I know! Let's do a bake sale, that's sure to to get their attention!" Pin enthused.

"You are so right! I brought some 'exclusive' berries!" I pulled out a tiny sack and opened the top to let Pin see. She pulled one out, tasted it, and almost literally melted from the taste.

"These are amazing! We need to use these, for like, everything!!" Pin obsessed.

"Maybe not a good idea, I have a limited supply, I mean a limited supply." I put an extra accent on limited to really get the message into her brain. She solemnly nodded.

"Hey, if we find a garden, there'll surely be the seeds for these." I comforted. She smiled brightle at me and hugged me.

"You are so nice! You can comfort me, even if it's about berries, we need to best of friends!" Pin thanked and insisted. The other two kinda made a 'hmpf' sound, crossed their arms and looked away. I giggled about that.

"I will definitely be your best friend!" I accepted. We hugged each other and decided to go meet someone else, "C'mon Rocky, you, Pin and I are to meet someone else together!"

"O....Okie." Rocky broke a wiggly smile. I smiled back at him and put him on my shoulders. I noticed a boy hiding in the corner of the gym, he looked fragile and anxious, even from all the way across the gym I could see him shiver.

"Hey, guys, let's go to him, he looks scared, maybe we could comfort him!" I offered, I pointed to to the corner of the gym, left of the doors.

"Y..yeah, he looks a b...bit like me..." Rocky stuttered, "emo..tioally o..of course.."

"You're right, I agree, he looks like the best candidate to meet!" Pin got on her tippy toes and pointed upwards. So, since we were all in agreement, we walked over to him, it took a minute to get across, the gym was that big!

"Hey there, are you okay?" I put my hand out, I felt bad for him, he looked like he was about to cry. He shrieked at me being there and squeezed the living daylights out of himself, "There's no need to be afraid, I want to be your friend!"

He looked at me, Rocky, Pin, and back to me, he must've seen that we looked harmless because he eased a bit. He smiled slightly, it was kinda cute.

"My name's Leafy Green, SHSL Environmentalist." I introduced. He started letting go of his knees.

"I'm Pin Tacker, SHSL Organiser, I only want to help you." Pin also introduced.

"I..I'm Rocky....I'm the SHSL Patient....I'm a bit like y..you..." Rocky stepped forward, "I'm also shy....and anxious......like you...." The boy seemed the most relaxed when Rocky finished his introduction, he got up and patted Rocky on the head.

"I-I'm Woody....Balsa...." The boy started, "SHSL.......Car-carpenter...." I was surprised such an emotionally fragile boy could do so well with saws and stuff. I wanted to ask him all these questions about carpentry, but, he has really severe anxiety, if I did that, he'd probably break down and run away.

"Well, I have met so many people, just a few more, Woody, come with us, we'll help introduce you!" I exclaimed.