Chapter 5b: News and Investigation

Leafy

Eraser, Bubble, and I ran down the stairs to gather everyone. Once we got everyone in the lounge, Eraser handed the book to GB to read without saying a word.

"What the heck!?" GB yelled, "THIS IS INSANITY!"

She put her face closer to the document wide eyed, she darted her eyes across the page and read down. She speechlessly passed it to TB.

"CHILDREN SOLDIERS!? WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!?" TB shouted, he read the documents aloud and everyone listened in shock.

"Are you sure that's real?" Needle asked, surprisingly calm.

"No, but it sounds official, and professional, and all that other stuff." Bubble responded.

"Well, you can't make such blind assumptions! That wouldn't be right!" Pin walked to the middle of the crappy circle we made.

"Shut up, Pin," Blocky tolled his eyes, "Now's not the time for, w-well.......you."

Pin got a bit riled by that statement, but kept it inside, although it was easy to see her annoyance.

"Can we just agree to disagree then? People are dying, now's not the time for this!" Spongy opened our eyes, he made us realise this fighting wasn't going to do anything.

"Maybe you're right." Pin reluctantly agreed, "Let's just investigate more."

We all nodded and split up into 3 groups of 6 to explore the rest of the floor.

"Okay, so I'll take charge of team 1!" Pin announced.

"I of team 2, and uh, TD can take lead of team 3!" Golf Ball added on. Pin chose her team which consisted of her, Firey, Needle, Coiny, Ice Cube, and Pen. GB took her, TB, me, Woody, Spongy, and Bubble, and TD took herself, Match, Eraser, Blocky, Rocky, and Flower.

My group went to explore the grocery store, when we got there, we stood in amazement, it was ginormous! About as big as an Okea (Lol) could be. Each isle was filled to the brim with food and drinks, there was even some furniture like nightstands, and then electronics like night lamps and stereos.

"Woah! This place is huge!" TB called out.

"Yeah, look at all these marshmallows!!!!!" Spongy exclaimed excitedly. We all stared at him disappointedly.

"We're here and all you can think of is marshmallows!?" GB almost screamed. Spongy took a few steps back and cowered behind Bubble.

"Sorry, GB." Spongy responded with a noticeable shake in his voice.

"My Gosh guys! Look!" Bubble pointed to a seemingly ordinary armchair, but then I noticed the circular black plastic handle under the armrest, it was a recliner.

"It doesn't make up for our friends dying, but it's something I guess." TB shrugged.

I decided to walk with Woody toward the cold foods and drinks. We found that they had many Goikyo products like Mochi and Ramen!

"Woah! Look at this Woody! There's even Onigiri and and Comté (French Cheese, amazing and even more amazing when it's aged!)!" I stared in awe.

"D-do you th-think we have t-t-to pay?" Woody stuttered. He pointed to the cash register. That's when he showed up.

"Nope! Well, not at the moment!" Fourokuma seemed to pop out of nowhere. At the sound of his voice, the other four rushed over.

"What are you doing here!?" GB scolded.

"Leafy and Woody seemed to have calling for my presence as they were down on the floor pleading for help.

"Ew no way." I pushed that thought aside.