chapter 12, quinn

I awoke to being shook.

“Common brat wake up.” A dark, evil voice snapped smacking my cheek. I whimpered waking up to be met with a skeleton. He was black a gooey. The goo covered one eye and formed black tentacles on his back. He was horrifying.

“W-who are you?” I asked him my voice shaking with fear. He just smirked, or at least I think he did.

“Well little brat…. my name is nightmare~.” He purred, making me shiver.

“Why am I here?” I ask my voice raising slightly.

“You are here because your dear mother gave you her powers, along with the powers you got from your dad, you are the most powerful being to exist and now you are in my possession.” He smirked grabbing my chin and forcing me to look at him.

“What do you want with me!?” I sobbed out struggling.

“I need you to free me of my curse dear.~” he chuckled forcing me to sit once more.

Two months later

I sat curled up as nightmare put my breakfast in the dark room I stayed in. He was no longer covered in the black gunk.

“I'm sorry Quinn. When you freed me I got part of my mind back, I would free you but I can't dear. Error needs you still and so does fresh.” He cooed cupping my cheek. I was no longer afraid of the skeleton. In fact sometimes he took me from my room and we went on walks. I hate to admit it but I think I've began to develop feelings for the once cruel monster.

“Promise?” I whisper looking at him with big eyes.

“The Day I can I will free you. I promise.” He whispered bumping his teeth on my head in a make shift kiss. I hugged him and he hugged back quickly.

“I promise sweetheart.” He said before leaving the room. My heart broke knowing he couldn't stay much longer than that. If he stayed too long error would come to check on him and we would both get in trouble, me in much more trouble than nightmare. Since I'm the prisionar I might be beaten or even worse, nightmare might be forbidden to care for me anymore. I'm afraid that if cross, error, or fresh makes my food that I might be poisoned.

“Bye.” I whispered even though he had already left, leaving me all alone with no one to talk to. I then went to open a book that nightmare had once left me, this one was new and it looked to be a diary.