chapter 14, quinn

I dropped the book. I've been reading it for about a week now. Tears ran down my face.

“I-I'm so sorry mom……” I sobbed curling up on my bed. My mother died because of me.

“Quinn!? What's wrong?” Nightmare asked kneeling down next to me and hugging me.

“I read my mothers journal….. she, Cala, died giving birth to me. She was still able to write after Quincy but not after me. I killed her!” I sobbed into my knees.

“Quinn look at me… i knew cala. She loved you. You where gonna die at birth so she gave her magic to you so you could live.” nightmare said cupping my cheeks. I shook my head with a small sob grabbing at his hand. Nightmare frowned pulling me close to him and rocking me back and forth.

“Shhhh…… Don't worry  quinn….” he muttered and i looked up at him. He looked down at me and at that time our lips touched. Though it was more like his teeth touched my lips it still was a kiss.

I smiled hugging him after he pulled away.

“I love you so much quinn….. I'm sorry that i have to leave already.”he frowned kissing my head and leaving my room.

It had been only days after and i remember faintly that there wss yelling from downstairs after we kissed. I haven't seen nightmare since. Cross was bringing me my food. I mean thats not bad, cross is not as bad as nightmare but i really wanted to see nightmare.

It was dinner when my door opened. I looked up to come face to face with the nightmare i loved. I practically threw myself on him but all he did was frown.

“Time to go quinn…. You're going home now baby.” he whispered, his voice portraying his broken heart.

No….. I can't leave nightmare. I just can't.