Beautiful

JD's POV

As my mom pulls up to the front of the school, a chill runs down my spine. Is this school gonna be an absolute hell like the last nine have? God I hope not. "Time to begin your first day at Westerburg High School." My mom puts a hand on my shoulder. "I guess it is." I mumble. I open the car door and close it behind me. The front of the school already had about a hundred kids, socializing, asking about each other's summers, and planning for the upcoming year.

I walk towards the door, my bookbag slung over one shoulder. Despite my mom's protests, I wore my black trenchcoat. It was my safe item. Right off the bat I noticed one thing different than my other schools. There were three girls standing together, one in yellow, one in green, and the middle one in red. People stood in awe of them. So that must be the popular clique.

I ignored them and rushed inside. I didn't realize she was there until I had already knocked her down. "Oh God. I'm so sorry." I say, helping her up. "O-oh it's fine." She says, looking at the ground. She wore a small jacket, a long skirt, and a scarf. I picked up her books and handed them to her. "Thanks." She says. She takes them and runs down the halls, towards a girl in all pink. I smiled. She was pretty cute.

My smile dropped when I realized. "Crap! I didn't ask for her name." I whisper. I shrug it off and continue to homeroom. I was hoping that girl would be there, but she sadly wasn't. After morning announcements, The teacher welcomed us back, well more welcomed the others back.

After that, I continued to my first class. The pink girl from the hall was in this class. She was staring at some guy in a football jersey. This would be a fun class. I had to start the morning with Chemistry. Don't get me wrong. I like Chemistry, but football jocks were annoying and self-absorbed. I sit down and pay attention to the teacher, talking about the coming up year.

After she finished talking, I kind of drifted into space. I started thinking about that girl. I searched my brain to figure out what her name would be. I came up with Barrett and Janis. I felt like those would at least satisfy my needs until I actually found out her name.

When lunch finally came, I couldn't find the girl anywhere. Then the doors opened and the girls in color came out. But this time, a new girl came with them. She was wearing blue. When I saw her face my heart skipped a beat. It was the girl from the hallway. Oh course she was too good to be true.

"Veronica!" I heard someone shout. Oh. Her name's Veronica. I sighed and got up from the table to throw my trash away. I had lost my appitite. Veronica and I made brief eye contact before I left the cafeteria.

I grab my stuff from my locker and sit in my next class: American History. I was the only one in there since lunch wasn't over.

Finally the bell rang and kids poured into the classroom. The girl in yellow was in this class. I think I caught that her name was Heather. Actually I caught that all three girls' names were Heather. So that's how this school is different.

The rest of the day went by pretty fast. After school was over, I got into the passenger seat of my mom's car. "How was it?" My mom asks. I simply sighed. "That bad?" She frowned. I didn't answer. She drove off towards our home.

I was glad my dad wasn't home. I didn't have the energy to deal with him today. I went straight to my room and buried my head in my pillow. Here's to another year of actual hell.

Veronica's POV

I felt really bad about that kid from this morning. I could see his disappointment in that small look in his eye at lunch. I wanted to talk to him. He was actually pretty cute, but in my case that always means they aren't nice. I had to at least know his name.

"Did anyone else notice that kid in the trenchcoat?" I ask the Heathers as we sit in Heather C's Porsche. "Yeah, Jason Dean. He's in my American History." Heather M says. He looks like a Jason. "Why? You got a thing for him." Chandler asks, smiling her devilish smile. "Ooh that s-" Duke starts but is interrupted by Chandler. "Shut up Heather!" She yells. "Sorry Heather." Duke shrinks a little in her seat. "How very." Mac smiles at me. I playfully roll my eyes at her. It was clear that she was the nice Heather. She was also kinda precious.

Chandler stops in front of my house. "Get out." She commands. I do as she says and climb out of the backseat. After they drive off, I decide to just take a walk. After walking for about an hour and a half, I recognized a car in one of the driveways. It was the car I saw Jason getting into. This must be his house. I glanced at the window and saw a figure in a black trenchcoat. I gave a small grin.

Thanks for reading the first chapter of Let Us Be Seventeen. It was a lot of fun. Also there is a fact from the movie involving one of Mac's lines. See if you can find it. Also, I hope you like the new JD. He's very precious if you ask me. Oh... you didn't? Sorry. Till next time. Bye!