It'll Be Very

JD's POV

I could hear the voices coming closer. I held my breath, hoping I could stay still long enough for Veronica to get him to leave. As they got closer, I leaned against the door to hear better, but then something fell behind me. I froze. I heard him walk towards it whilst Veronica tried to stop him. As the door opened, I grabbed the closest thing to me and held it in front of my face in a last attempt to hide.

Henry saw me and kind of just stood there with this confused/angry look on his face. Veronica stood slightly behind him, not knowing what she should do.

"What is he doing here?" Henry asks her, still looking at me. "I can explain." Veronica says. "Explain what?" He turns to her. "I..." She drew a blank. "How about I explain what I think is going on?" He says, in a way that should be a joke but it clearly wasn't. "I think that the entire time we've been together, you've been with your 'ex.'" He used air quotes on "ex" in a, again, serious way. "Would you say I nailed that explanation?" He laughs.

"Henry, you don't understand." Veronica begs. "Veronica, what could I possibly need to understand?" He raised his voice. "I never wanted to date you... I-" She started but he interrupted. "Wow. That's great." He crosses his arms. "Let me finish! I didn't want to date you, but my mom forced me to break up with JD and date you. If I didn't, she would've filed a restraining order against him." She tells him.

Veronica's POV

"Whatever, Heather was right." He says before walking past me. I follow him. "What do you mean she was right?" I ask. "She said you were a slut. This proves it." He puts his hands on his hips. "Excuse me? I never loved you. I've loved him the entire time!" I yell. "It's not like we did anything." I add. "Thank God. I would never do a whore." He sneers. "Oh. Well I'd never do a self centered jackass!" I shout. "Now get out!" He rolls his eyes, walking out the door.

I walk back into the kitchen. JD had sat down on a stool, an awkward look on his face. "Sorry." I exhale. "It's okay." He gets up and hugs me. "What're we gonna do? He's obviously gonna tell everyone." He responds by  squeezing me tighter. "We're screwed, aren't we?" I ask. "As much as I would like to say no, we are." He answers.

February 16th

Our weekend was kind of ruined after that. We did it once, but it kind of sucked since we weren't that into it. I arrive at school to everyone staring at me. "Hey." Heather walks up to me. "Henry is telling everyone you 'cheated on him.' Did he catch you with JD?" She asks. "Yep." I sighed. "Well I just hope-"

"Veronica!" Heather Chandler calls. I roll my eyes and turn to her. "Hello Heather." She says blatantly to Mac. "Yes Heather?" I fake smile. "So my cousin finally found out." She smiles. "How did you...?" I trail off. "Oh please. Like you would start dating someone the day after you broke up with JD. You're a slut, just not that much of one." She crosses her arms. "Also, it's obvious that JD would convince you that he wasn't cheating. I made that up. I didn't expect you to actually believe JD, or let alone anyone, was screwing Mac." She looks at Mac with an evil smile. "Well, good luck. It'll be very." Heather says before walking away.

JD walks in to receive a bunch of disgusted looks and horrible remarks. Heather motions him over. "So I see he told everyone." JD sighs. "Well at least you can be together publicly." Heather says optimistically.

JD and I share the same look of terror. "Oh my God. My mother." I panic. JD tried to calm me down. "We can fight this. Robert will help." He reassures me. "No, my mom will obviously hire him. He's the best lawyer we've ever used." I argue. "Oh please, like he would prosecute against me." JD says. "You're right." I sigh. "Okay. Let's go in." He holds his hand out. I smile and take it.

We walk in, Heather beside us. My breathing was heavy but I try to stay calm. Henry stood beside my locker as I approach. "Henry." I say as I open my locker. "Slut." He looks away. "Excuse you?" JD asks. "Oh you know it's true. She's cheated on you before. Then I caught her cheating on me." Henry says as if he's an expert on the subject. "She never cheated on me." JD shook his head, done with his bull crap. "Um... yeah. With Kurt and Ram?" He acted like JD was a little kid when he talked. "Oh that? No, she was meeting me and they attacked her." JD corrected him. "Really." He says in a way that sounded more like a statement than a question. "Really. And your cousin was the one who told them to do that." JD tells. him. "Sure." Henry nods. "Yeah. That's something you both share: you only care about yourself. You're a narcissist who's looking to destroy those people who actually have a heart. Probably because you're jealous that they're an actual human being." JD says in a very "teacher lecturing a student" way, and it was really attractive, as weird as that is.

Instead of considering what JD said, Henry just punches him right in the face. My eyes go wide and I push him away from JD. "Oh! You want one too?" Henry laughs. Rather than answering, I give him a taste of his own medicine. He falls back and I kneel beside JD. Henry had hit him so hard, he'd been knocked unconscious. "Heather, help me get him to the car." I told Mac. She nods and helped me pick him up.

JD's POV

After he punched me, the lights went out almost instantly. Next thing I remember is being in a hospital bed. "What the..." I say in a disgustingly groggy voice. "Babe!" Veronica rushes over to be. "Oh my God, you scared me." She kisses me. "What happened?" I knew what happened that knock me out but I didn't know what happened after, that was what worried me. "After he punched you, Heather and I got you to your car and drove you here." She tells me. I nod. "Did you call my mom?" I ask. "Yeah, she's on her way." She smiles. "You should rest. I'm gonna wait for your mom outside." She squeezes my hand.

Veronica's POV

I kiss JD and walk to the waiting room. I was happy that JD was okay. I don't know what I would've done if he wasn't. I sat down but my thoughts were interrupted by someone. "Veronica Katherine Sawyer!" A stern woman's voice says. Crap!