They Made You Cry

Veronica's POV

"'Meant to be yours,'" I repeat. "I like it." JD laughs. "I'm glad." We share a tender kiss. "We should probably get to school." I remind him. "Oh. Yeah." He laughs, making a U-turn out of my neighborhood.

JD's POV

We arrive at school about 3 minutes before it starts. I quickly park the car and Veronica and I rush in. "Don't let those Heathers get to you, Ronnie." I tell her outside her homeroom. "Don't worry. I won't." She smiles and walks in. I know I shouldn't, but I still worry about her. If those Heathers don't stop... I don't know what I'll do.

Veronica's POV

The Heathers stare at me with wicked smiles as I make my way to my seat. "Quite the scene on the road this morning. Hope you two's relationship survived." Chandler sneers. I can't believe she watch us fight on the road. I didn't even realize we were in public to be honest. "Shut up with your fake concern." I spit. "Ooh. Someone's fiesty today." She laughs. I roll my eyes. "Veronica. You realize you did this to yourself, right?" She frowns. "Like you gave me a choice!" I cross my arms. "Well you should have stayed instead of running off to be with psycho-trenchcoat-kid." She argues. "He's not psychotic! You are!" I say. "Holy-" She starts. "Shh!" The teacher growls.

The bell rings for my first class. "Thank God." I say, rushing out to the hallway. "Hey." JD comes from behind me. "Hey." I turn around. "You good?" He asks. "Yeah. Just glad to be out of there." I say. "Oh. Okay. See you at lunch." He kisses me and heads to class.

Warning: Physical Assault

When lunch comes, I go to my locker to find a note inside. It had my name on it in sweet, cursive letters. It read:

Meet me at our spot?
-JD

"How romantic." I think. I go to our spot at the back of school. I didn't see him anywhere. "Maybe he went to get lunch first." I say quietly to myself. "Or he's not coming." Ram Sweeney says. "What are you doing here?" I back up. "Who do you think sent that note?" Kurt Kelly rounds the corner. Oh my God, they are such cliches! "Why did you want me here? A three-way? Not gonna happen!" I get as far against the wall as I could. "No. As much as we would love that, that's not why we're here." Kurt laughs. "You see? We don't want you here," Ram starts, getting closer and closer to me. Eventually he's so close, that there's nowhere for me to move. "R-ram, c-can you please get out of my way?" I studder. "Of course." He moves aside. I walk past him, but I'm pulled back by the hair. "Did you think he was serious?" Kurt says into my ear. Ram steps in front of me and smiles.

Next thing I feel is my head hitting the concrete. I was still conscious but barely. I felt every single punch and kick, blow after blow. Finally, it stopped. I faintly see Kurt and Ram walk out of the alley. Then the lights went out.

JD's POV

Veronica still hadn't shown up for lunch. Maybe she had to talk to a teacher. Yeah, I'm sure she's fine. "Hey, JD right?" Says that girl in pink from the first day. "Yeah, you're friends with Veronica, right?" I ask. "Yeah. You're her boyfriend apparently." She smiles. Guess I should ask. "Hey, do you know where she is? I thought we were meeting up for lunch." She looked confused. "She went outside. I think she's going to that sacred spot. She might've thought you were meeting her there." Was she there? Guess I should check. I get up and head to the spot. I pass Kurt and Ram, who looked suspicious as all hell.

"Ronnie?" I call out. Then I see her. Lying there. Covered in blood. "Ronnie!" I run over. "Oh my God. We gotta get you to a hospital." I carry her bridal-style to my mom's car and lay her down in the back seat. "Hold on, Ronnie." I start driving.