Veronica, What're You Doing In My Room?

JD's POV

There she was. Veronica. I didn't know her last name but I was fine with just her first. She had a smile on her face. I smiled back. I turned to my desk to write a note.

When I looked back at the ground, she was gone. I sigh and lay the note back on my desk. Then there was a loud thud at the window that made me jump. I turned to see Veronica behind the glass. She had climbed the tree right outside my window. I open it and she climbs through. "Veronica, what're you doing in my room?" Was the only thing I could ask.

"I'm sorry about earlier." She says. "What do you have to be sorry about?" I ask even though I knew why she was apologizing. "I saw your face at lunch. I can tell you're disappointed that I went to the Heathers." She explains. "Why did you?" I ask. "I was tired of being tormented. I asked them if I could eat lunch with them and they decided to make me 'one of them' instead." She tells me. "I'll protect you." I say without thinking. She laughs and I thought I had ruined everything. "Thanks. But now that I'm with them I don't think I have the option to quit." She says. "I'll help you." I say. She thought for a minute, "I'd like that."

I let her use my phone. She looked so nervous. I could feel her trembling. I wanted to hold her hand so badly but I thought if I did, she'd want to leave. But I thought a little more and realized she could use the support and wouldn't think much of it. I slowly enlaced my fingers in hers. She flinced at first, but then squeezed my hand tighter. Then by her facial expression I could tell the lead Heather had answered.

Veronica's POV

"Hello?" Chandlers voice answered. "Hi, it's Veronica." I say. I could feel Jason tighten his grip. "What do you want?" She says, annoyed. "I've thought about it... and I don't think I want this anymore." I tell her. "What do you mean by 'this?'" She asks, anger rising in her voice. "I- I uh, I don't want to be with the Heathers." My voice shook. Jason now had both hands on my free one. "No." Chandler says simply. "What do you mean 'no?'" I knew she wouldn't let me off that off that easy. "You're with us. There's nothing you can do to change that!" She yells. "No! Heather, I'm done." I yell back. "Ha! You're a dead girl walking tomorrow." Heather laughs before hanging up.

I slowly put the phone down. Jason was watching me carefully. I turned to look at him, trying really hard not to cry. But it was no use. I collapsed in his arms. He held me, running his fingers through my hair.

He got up to tell his mom I was staying over. He said she was fine with it, which I was glad. I shakily gave Jason my house's number. He told them I was spending the night and I'd be home after school. He pulled me up into his bed. I didn't want to let go of him. He was so warm and comforting. "Thank you Jason." I whisper softly. "Please, call me JD." JD... I liked it. It suited him better then Jason.

--

I woke up to JD shaking me. "We gotta get to school." He was already dressed in a button-down with his trenchcoat over it. I groaned. "Don't worry. They won't hurt you if I'm there." He pulls me out of bed. I settled for just going to school in these clothes and going back to normal when I get home. We walk downstairs, hand-in-hand, to the kitchen. JD's mom was cooking breakfast

His mom turned around. "Oh! Who is this?" She asks. "Mom, this is Veronica," JD informs her. "Nice to meet you Veronica." She smiles. She lays down two plates with eggs and bacon on them. "Eat up you two." She says.

We do as she says and sit at the table. I wasn't really hungry but I didn't want to be rude so I ate it anyways.

After we finished, we got into Mrs Dean's car. Instead of sitting shotgun, JD sat next to me in the back seat. We held hands the whole way there. Mrs Dean was smiling at us through the rear-view mirror. She pulls up to the front of the school and we get out.

We decided to walk in holding hands. JD said it would make us look like a united front. People had looks of absolute disgust on their faces. I wanted to find Heather but that would make it worse. JD and I had different homerooms so we had to split up. What really sucks is that Heather Chandler and Heather Duke were in my homeroom. I quietly sat down and avoided eye-contact with everyone in the room. "Where's your little boyfriend?" Chandler stood over me. "Leave me alone." I mutter. "No way. You signed up for this and you broke the 'contract.' So now it's my job to make your life a living hell." She says with an emphasis on hell. "You thought I'd just let you quit? You're stupider then I thought you were." She laughs. "But you're just as much of a slut." Duke adds. That was all I could take. Tears were coming up fast. I quickly stood up and ran out, rushing towards the exit.

JD's POV

I glanced out the door to see figure dressed in blue run by. Veronica! I stood and ran after her. She pushed the doors open and sat on the front steps. "Veronica." I call, running to sit next to her.

She was sobbing extremely hard. 'It's okay." I held her in my arms. "Why can't I just be left alone? Why does my life have to be a living hell?" She cries. "What about me?" I ask. "Please don't leave me alone." She whimpers. I raise her head to look into her eyes. "I'd never do that." I wanted to kiss her so badly. But the time seemed really inappropriate. But the look on her face and the way she would quickly look at my lips, then look back to my eyes. I decided to go for it. I leaned in and put my lips on hers. Veronica was startled but clearly liked it. She put her hands on the back of my neck and pulled me closer to her. After a moment, she pulls away. She looked in shock. Did I scare her away?

Hi guys! I am leave for New York Saturday so I wanted to give you this since I'll be kinda busy. Also, I needed another chapter to keep me sane. I already love this! AAHHH! Anyways, I hope you like the big story change. Bye guys!