Part 20 - Disappointment

One week later.

Ellie's point of view.

It had been a week since I saw both Emil and Rory. I guess I finally scared them off since I didn't hear anything from either of them.

I was set to be released in two weeks,but things took a turn for the worse when Megan and I got into a violent fight in the showers.

Margot was correct about everything. Secretly Megan was a lesbian who only had eyes for one person,me. She cornered me in the showers when we were alone.

I resisted but things got out of hand and before we knew it,we were nearly killing each other. A few days later it was clear as day light that we fought,as the bruises appeared on our faces.

Both Megan and I were waiting on our sentences. Luckily there are video cameras in the bathroom which only the female staff were allowed to view.

Hopefully it would count in my favor. Currently I am outside waiting to be visited by Rory. Deep down I was excited to be able to see him again.

A few minutes later,he arrives and makes himself comfortable across me.

"Hello Rory," I greet.

"Hi Ellie," he smiles worried,"what happened to your eye?"

"I got into a fight," I admit ashamed.

A frown forms on his forehead as he sits back. His face turning to one of annoyance. And he let's out a deep sigh.

"Who are you?" He asks abruptly.

"What do you mean?" I ask confused.

"What kind of person did you turn into Ellie? Violent outbursts? Getting into fights?" The disappointment echoes in his voice.

"Pardon me but it wasn't my fault!" I started to lose my patience as my blood boils.

"You're not the girl I fell in lo---," he abruptly gets up and walks off,fuming.

I watch him walk away and over his shoulder,I see a girl in his car. She has blonde hair and smiles sweet as he approaches.

So that's it? I struggle to fight off the tears brimming in my eyes and the lump in my throat seems to grow.

Slowly I stand up watching him drive off and walk back to my room,clutching my chest. A sudden pain strikes the inner parts of my heart.

I lay down and clutch a pillow,silent tears falling onto the blanket. Everything seemed to turn blank and black.

Two weeks later ...

I enter the corrections office on the third floor. A corrections officer glaring at me,seemingly unhappy.

"So,Ellie," she began,"we viewed the video footage of your fight with miss Heart."

"And?" I ask not bothered at all.

"You are not to blame. So today you are officially discharged," she stamps and signs my papers.

"Thanks," I take my papers with a blank face and walk out.

Later that day ...

After I've finished packing,I went to the front gate where my belongings such as my phone and keys are given back to me. I greet Margot one more time,knowing I'd see her soon.

My mother,Meredith,is waiting for me in her car. A wide smile spreads over her face as I approach and get into the car.

"Hello Dear," she kisses my cheek.

"Hi mom," I try to smile.

"Ready to go home?" She asks.

"Yes,or rather I think so."

She glances at me with a worried look reflecting in her eyes.

"I'll explain everything on the way," I reassure her.

Three months later ...

Rory's point of view.

"It's been awhile since I saw Ellie," I admit.

"Maybe you should go see her?"

"I'm not sure. I sort of left without explaining," I sigh deeply.

Emily and I had become good friends while Ellie was at the Correctional center. I told her everything because besides Ellie,Emily,is my only friend.

I know she likes me more than she would like to admit,but I'm not ready for any commitments, yet. Maybe after I've patched things up with Ellie?

 Maybe after I've patched things up with Ellie?

Look,Emily,is beautiful in every way. She has a fun-loving nature and at heart is a kind person. Any guy would be lucky to have her.

"I'm sure she will forgive you," Emily smiles.

And Emily has supported me through everything and I don't want to hurt her in any way.

"I hope she does,maybe then I could move on with my life?" I try to sound positive.

"I say go try at least," she encourages me.

"After our coffee I will go," I smile.

I kept true to my word. After my coffee with Emily,I went straight to Ellie's apartment across town.

To my surprise I find her apartment door open,turning the knob I go inside. The place is completely empty and everything is gone.

I don't know how to react and my brain is having a hard time processing what I'm seeing. I clasp my hand over my mouth.

That's it. She's gone and I didn't even say goodbye.

Taking out my phone,I decide to dial her number. I tried about five times but the phone keeps saying her number is not available.

I then call her mother who immediately answers her phone.

"Aunt Meredith where's Ellie? I'm at her apartment and --," she cuts me off.

"She didn't tell you?"

"No aunt. We haven't spoken in more than three months," I admit guilty.

"Ellie went to Japan to practice nursing there and start a new life."

Japan? As in Japan? Japan? But why? And so far away.

"Thank you aunt Meredith, sorry to bother," I apologise.

Everything is so surreal. Even though she hurt me,I hurt her so much that she would rather flee the country than stay. But why? What did I do?

Does Emil know? Maybe it was because of that unspoken thing between us?