Part 26 - Forever together

1 year and 6 months later.

Ellie's point of view.

The honeyed smell of spring flowers fill the morning air. As we walk the warm morning sun shines upon us and a small smile appears on my face.

My eyes follow two small boys as they run around playing chase,one holding a red kite in his left hand.

Rory lightly squeeze on my hand urging me to walk a bit faster,yet I couldn't help but admire the,yellow and pink,flowers of spring.

Him and I between our busy jobs,me being a professional nurse and him running and inheriting his father's company, hardly have time to visit the park.

Rory finds us a place to settle down,underneath an old oak tree in the cool shade. He opens the red and white checkered blanket and places the picnic basket on it.

He helps me to take my seat before sitting down himself. We sit with our backs facing the tree so that we can admire the small river in front of us that runs through the park.

I momentarily stare at him and I'm suddenly reminded of the though times we both had to endure.

We've both hurt each other but somewhere between all the pain and confusion we managed to find each other.

Rory's point of view.

As I unpack the basket my eyes drift to Ellie. I notice that she has a timid smile plastered on her face and both her cheeks are tinted pink.

Nobody in this world deserves someone like her. Such a pure person even with all her faults,she is more worthy than any of us.

Sometimes I wonder if she was sent to be my guardian angel? Because that's how I see her.

"So,Ellie,I've got chocolate brownies just the way you like them. And I've got strawberry yogurt with mixed fruit,another favorite of yours," I adjust my glasses.

"That sounds perfect," she giggles.

"There's more," I smirk satisfied with myself.

"More?"

"Yes, there's grape juice and a mixed fruit juice. I also made us some cheese and tomato sandwiches with ham and lettuce."

"Wow! You've out done yourself," she kisses me.

My cheeks immediately react to her kiss burning bright red. Ellie knew just the way to make me this flustered and I love it.

My hand suddenly moves to my pocket,the tips of my fingers feeling inside. Phew. It's still there.

"So what would you like first?" I ask looking at her.

"Hmm I think some of that strawberry yogurt and mixed fruit please."

I hand her a little white bowl which I've filled with the mixed fruit and yogurt and placed a spoon inside.

It wasn't in the movies where the guy would feed the girl. Oh,no. Ellie hated that kind of stuff. Chuckles. She claims it makes her feel like an animal.

Ellie's point of view.

I sit quietly eating my yogurt,watching him from the corner of my eye. Rory will never admit it,but he is a master when it comes to food.

Almost everything he cooks or bakes will instantly melt away in your mouth. Need I say he can make any woman melt in bed as well.

I nearly choke on the thought and try my best not to cough. He hands me some juice with a smile almost as if he knew what i was thinking.

"You alright?" He asks concerned.

"I'm fine,thank you," I smile at him.

We spent most of the day simply sitting under the old oak tree,talking and watching the river.

The sun was beginning to set,kissing the sky with colours of pink and orange layers,a hint of blue still visible.

"Ellie can I ask you something?" Rory suddenly asks,sounding nervous.

"You know you can ask me anything," I smile calm.

His hand dives into his pocket and swiftly he pulls out a square shaped black box.

My heart suddenly upped the tempo in my chest,banging against my rib cage. Excitement and confusion flush through my system.

Rory's point of view.

My heart feels as if it's about to fall out of my head. My stomach twists and turns forming a knot and the spit got stuck in my throat.

I carefully open the little box to reveal the glossy white diamond ring. My hands trembling out of control. Sweat dripping from my head.

"There's never a right time for anything and everything happens when it's suppose to. So Elizabeth Anderson,will you do me the honor of marrying me?" I try to gulp down the spit

What she did next surprised me. Ellie took both my trembling hands in hers,looking at me with a loving smile.

"You can calm down now because I will do you the honor of saying yes," she replies calm.

She responds as if she saw this coming or is she just utterly her calm usual self? I pull her into a passionate and deep kiss.

"Forever together and never apart."