Five.

Luke doesn't remember the last time he had been with someone else. God, it had been so long. His life had become all about Tim; Tim needs this, Tim needs that, Tim, Tim, Tim....

Luke wanted to make his weekends alone about himself, he knew he needed to stop sitting around waiting for Tim to come home. He knew he needed to get out of the house and have a life. He heard it every weekend from his mother; Luke, you need someone. Luke, you need to spoil yourself. Luke, you need to look after yourself. Luke, you matter too.

As Luke and Ashton walked out of the diner and down the street, Luke felt something he hadn't felt in a long time. He felt good, he felt a lightness in himself he'd never felt before.

Luke wondered if it was the company. Maybe he was realising how lonely he had been.

"How have you been, Luke?" Ashton turned to Luke.

"Good, I've been good. Work is busy, but thats a good thing. It keeps me busy," Luke had to smile, wanting to add on about how he wished Ashton would have turned up somewhere all through that week. But, he didn't want to sound stupid.

Luke didn't know how to make friends anymore, he was scared to push the boundaries. It was a desire he had lost over the past few years, settling with the few people around him and not searching for anyone new to invite into his life. 

"Thats good. How is Tim?" Ashton replied tentatively, also scared to push boundaries with the older man.

"He's good, he's with Mike this week. He goes there every other weekend. I hate when he goes there," Luke drew into himself, he shouldn't be telling all his troubles about his ex-partner to his new....friend.

"Oh, he's there? I didn't realise it had been that long."

"That long?" Luke questioned, turning to Ashton.

"Yeah, three weeks. I had thought of coming to see you...I already mentioned that. God, that sounds creepy doesn't it?" Ashton chuckled, looking down at his feet as they walked.

"Creepy? No. I had hoped I'd have seen you around," Luke allowed himself to smile. Luke allowed himself to feel something new, something he hadn't felt in a long time. Luke allowed himself to feel the want and need to get closer to someone in that very moment. "You can come by now, if you'd like."

"Why not?" Ashton smiled a charming, dimple filled smile.

-

After taking a short walk, Luke led Ashton up to his apartment. Fumbling with his keys as he came to the front door, nervous to let the new man into his home again.

Had he cleaned? Were Tim's toys all over the floor? Did he leave the dishes out??

Luke was scared, this time they were both sober. This time there was no Tim for Luke to focus on if things got awkward. This time Luke had to think of what to say; he had no way out if he didn't know what to do.

Luke was shitting himself, to say the least.

"Sorry if its a bit of a mess, I never really have people over."

"I don't mind, it can't be worse than my dorm room," Ashton assured Luke, unsure how the older man would feel about him being in college. How much older was Luke anyway?

"College? What year are you?" Luke turned around after opening his door, suddenly realising he knew nothing about Ashton.

He was letting a total stranger into his home.

"I'm in my second year, figured it was easier to just live on campus. I guess you're passed all that, huh?" Ashton smiled again, he didn't want to suddenly be cast out because he was so young.

"Second? I remember those days, thats when I got pregnant with Tim. Michael was a year ahead of me, I don't know how I got through my last two years with Tim by my side." Luke smiled a little, missing his college days. Sometimes he hated that he'd had to grow up so fast, acting as two parents for Tim half the time. But, he also didn't wish for anything but to have Tim by his side. He needed Tim. "Sorry, I shouldn't be throwing all that onto you. I finished just last year actually."

"It's okay, I don't mind hearing about Tim," Ashton smiled again, something about the blonde man made him feel something good inside. "He's pretty cute, I couldn't even dream of being able to handle having a kid now. School kills me."

"Yeah, I don't miss it. It wasn't too bad when Mike and I were together, when we broke up it got harder. He wasn't very good at being around then, lucky for me my parents helped a lot." Luke smiled back.

Luke felt a sense of comfort around Ashton he hadn't felt in a while. 

Luke thought that maybe, just maybe, letting the college boy into his home - his life - wouldn't be such a bad thing. 

-

Two uploads so close to each other? Go me. 

Thoughts? 

What do you want to see?

I'm still trying to sort this story out, but I think I know where I want it to go. 

-Grace