Twelve.

Ashton feels a sense of deja vu as he quickly rolls out of the large comfortable bed, in a now much less unfamiliar room, and picks up a t-shirt from the bedroom floor. He quickly makes his way to the obnoxious knocking happening at the door, flying it open in hopes to leave Luke undisturbed. 

"You've got to be fucking shitting me!" Ashton can barely comprehend what is happening as a toddler is shoved into his arms and an angry red headed man shoves past him and stomps down the hall way. 

What the fuck

Ashton stares down at the boy in his arms, to the door and finally down the short hallway Michael had stomped down. Silently question to himself what he should do with himself and Tim, Ashton rubs his eyes as he turns to the living room to put Tim on the couch and in front of the television. Grabbing the boys bag and shutting the front door, Ashton turns The Wiggles on and goes to take a seat next to Tim but a harsh voice grabs his attention. 

"I'll be back, bud. Maybe your daddy is up," Ashton turns to Tim and rubs his back before walking down the hallway where the voices are getting louder and angrier. 

"...You're so fucking full of it Luke! You preach so highly about being a great father to your kid and how shit of a farther I am, yet look at you! You've got your little fuck buddy opening the door for you kid every other week!" Michael angrily shouts at a shocked Luke, who is still sitting in his bed. "You're trying to take my kid away from me, but look at you!"

"Shut up Michael! At least I'm the one providing for our son! Jesus, I don't remember the last time you bought him something Mike. I don't remember the last time I came to pick him up and he wasn't tired and hungry!" Luke snaps back, his face growing red as he slowly starts to stand from his bed and reaching for clothes scattered on his bedroom floor. "Do you know how many times I've come by to pick Tim up or drop him off and you've got someone new in your house? You're always bringing strangers around Mike, do you think that's a good thing to show your son?"

"You think you're so high and mighty," Michael laughs. "You act like because I have a kid I'm not allowed to have any fun."

"I never said you can't have fun. But, when that fun gets in the way of caring for your son then you really should take a look at yourself Mike," Luke sighs in defeat, waking up after having a great night to his ex-boyfriend yelling in his face was not how Luke had hoped to start his Sunday. "I called a lawyer Michael, I'm not putting up with this shit anymore. You are not going to treat me or Tim like this anymore. I am sick of it."

"So thats it? You start fucking some kid and you're taking mine away from me?" Michael snaps, the veins in his neck looking ready to pop. Ashton watches from Luke's bedroom doorway, not wanting to intervene but also not wanting to leave. He wanted to make sure Luke was okay. "Fuck you Luke." Michael practically spits at Luke who is cowering away from the angry man. 

Luke had never liked angry Michael. 

"Maybe if you went out and got a job, or acted like a proper father I wouldn't have to!" Luke snaps, feeling tears well up in his eyes. He didn't want to cry, he didn't want to give Michael the satisfaction. He wanted to stand up for himself and his son, he wanted to see them both be taken care of. He wanted to get off the emotional rollercoaster Michael put him on. 

Turning around in his spot, Michael takes one look at Ashton in the doorway before roughly shoving past him and stomping out of the apartment. Ashton doesn't move at first, staying pressed against the door frame; only trying to take in the scene he had just witnessed and think of something to say to an almost crying Luke. 

"Sorry you had to be here for that," Luke finally speaks up quietly, a small shake to his voice. 

"It's okay Luke. Well, it isn't okay but, are you okay?" Ashton assures Luke, making his way to the man who looks like he's about to burst into tears at any moment. "I might be biased, but I don't think he should have yelled at you like that."

"I'm sorry, fuck, he can be such an asshole. I can't believe he just did that," Luke leans into Ashton the boy wraps his arms around him. "He makes me feel so shit."

"Don't say sorry Luke. You're not the one that shoved Tim off so you could go scream in someones face." Ashton assures, feeling the need to protect Luke wash over his entire body. He thinks of the angry Michael who took one look at him this morning before going into a rage. 

"Tim! Fuck, shit, where's Tim!" Luke starts to pull away from Ashton, who only holds him tighter. 

"He's fine, I put him in front of The Wiggles before I came to make sure you were okay," Ashton assures Luke once more, not wanting him to fret any more than he was. "Why don't you have a shower or something and I'll raid your kitchen for some breakfast food."

"No, Ashton, you really don't have t-"

"Yes I do, he wouldn't have yelled if I weren't here. Besides, you look like shit," Ashton cuts Luke off, feeling the guilt fill his body; if I hadn't of been here this wouldn't have happened. "Go."

"Thanks, Ashton. Really, I don't know how I found you, but I really appreciate you," Luke allows himself to be pushed towards his bathroom, but not before pressing a quick kiss to Ashtons cheek. 

Washing off the events from last night and the fight he'd had with Michael that morning, Luke lets himself relax and thanks god that Ashton hadn't walked out too. Luke listens to the sound of his son laughing with Ashton in his kitchen as he gets dressed. He watches them as they try to cook breakfast, only to get covered in the food themselves. 

Luke lets himself forget about Michael and all his worries for a morning, he doesn't worry about letting Ashton and Tim bond nor does he worry about the possibility of having his heartbroken all over again. 

-

I am on a roll w these updates. 

Please vote and leave your thoughts down below, it really would mean a bunch! 

- Grace x