Epilogue Two.

Luke felt frustrated. He felt frustrated at his husband who had sat on the couch all day and he felt frustrated at his seemingly never ending flow of work. 

"Ashton, will you please just go get the box out for me?" Luke said for what felt like the tenth time that day, standing in the living room doorway where Ashton was sat on the couch staring mindlessly at the television. "It'll take you five minutes."

"I'll do it soon babe, I promise," Ashton muttered back yet again. 

Almost three years had passed since Luke proposed to Ashton, being just over a year since they'd had their small wedding. As Luke had promised Ashton, once they were married they started trying for a baby however, they'd had no such luck yet and it frustrated them both. 

They'd been to doctors, to make sure they were able to have a baby. Each doctor had said they were both very fertile, that they were in perfect health and there was no reason they couldn't get pregnant. It was just bad luck. 

Huffing, Luke turned and walked into the spare bedroom and pulled out the box in the top of the wardrobe he'd been asking Ashton to get out all day. He marched back into the living room and dumping it at Ashtons feet. 

"There, I got it for you," Luke grumbled out. He'd just been wanting to surprise Ashton all day but the younger man hadn't seemed very interested in doing anything Luke asked of him that day. "Now, could you please just open it and sort all the shit out in there please. I'm sick of having it lying around in the spare room." 

Before Ashton could get out a word, Luke turned and marched back into the kitchen where he was cooking up a meal for themselves, Tim, Michael and Michaels new partner who they'd be meeting that night. 

Hearing the sound of the cardboard box being opened, Luke grew nervous. He stood in the kitchen mixing the bowl of cake mix as he waited for Ashton to say something. 

"Luke? Babe? Whats this?" Ashton walked into the kitchen holding a small white stick and a blurry black and white photo. "Are you...?"

Ashton was scared to say it out right in case it wasn't true. He didn't think it was one of Tim's baby scans as he knew exactly were the photo album that had all of Tim's scans and baby photos was. Surely one hadn't gone astray, right? 

"I am," Luke dropped the spatular in the bowl before turning to his husband and smiling brightly. "Took it last week, went for a scan on Wednesday just to be sure. They said I should be about a month and a half along."

Before he knew it, Luke was being scooped up into Ashtons arms and spun around as the younger man laughed with joy. "You're pregnant!"

"I'm pregnant!" Luke smiled again, pulling Ashton in for a deep kiss. Neither of the two able to keep the smiles off of their faces. "You make it so hard to surprise you, you asshole." 

"I'm sorry," Ashton laughed, wrapping his arms around Luke's waist and holding him close. "I can't believe it, I'm gonna be a daddy for real now." 

"We finally did it," Luke smiled. "You have no idea how many times I almost slipped up on this." 

"That's my baby in there," Ashton pulled back to stare at Luke's still flat stomach. "All mine, all ours. I'm so happy."

-

Hours later, the two were sat on the couch cuddling, dinner all prepared in the kitchen as they waited for Michael to show up with Tim and his new partner. They had sat, discussing their baby and whether or not they should tell Tim and Michael tonight. 

The small blurry picture, that showed a very small dot of a baby in the middle, had barely been put down the entire afternoon. Ashton had stared at it and admired it, unable to believe that after so many failed attempts at getting pregnant over that past year; they had finally done it. And, despite Luke telling him it's too early to go off and buy baby things, Ashton had spent a good half of the afternoon with his laptop out as he searched through all the baby shops for the things he wanted for his baby.