Twenty-Five.

It had been two weeks since their custody trial and two weeks since Luke had gotten full custody of Tim. The coming weekend was finally going to be Michaels first weekend with Tim, the man had barely spoken to Luke despite the man making every effort to call or text him. 

Luke decided that while he was on his lunch break, he'd give one more effort to call the man and get an answer out of him. 

"What do you want, Luke?" Michael answered this time, short and sharp like he always did when he was upset. 

"Michael.." Luke paused for a moment before he continued, now that he finally had Michael on the phone he didn't know what he wanted to actually say. "Tomorrow, before Tim finishes kindy can we please get a coffee or something? I know you're upset with me, but I want to talk about everything." 

"I don't want to L-"

"No, Michael," Luke cut him off before he could get out his full sentence. "You've done this for years, refusing to talk when you're upset. I don't like this anymore than you do Mike, but I want what is best for Tim. The least you can do is sit with me for ten minutes so we can talk like adults, I don't want Tim to grow up with his parents bickering all the time." 

Michael took a minute to respond, leaving Luke to listen to his heavy breathing through the phone. "Fine, I can meet you at ten."

"Mike, thank you," Luke breathed out in relief, he knew what he'd done had only worsened his relationship with the man but he knew he'd done what was best. "I'll meet you at the place down the road from Tim's kindy, yeah?" 

"Okay, bye Luke," Michael didn't wait another second before hanging up the phone, leaving Luke to sigh out as a small victory flowed through his body. 

Putting his phone down and turning back to the mountain of work sitting on his desk, Luke didn't stress over the fact that he would struggle to get through it all or worry that we was spending his lunch hour doing work. 

"Are you sure you'll be okay on your own?" Ashton asked, squeezing Luke's hand tightly. "I can stay." 

"Ash, no. I promise I'll be fine," Luke turned to his boyfriend who looked more worried than ever. "Besides, you need to go to college and actually write that assignment." 

"Luke.." Ashton sighed out, cupping the side of Luke's face. "If he says anything, and I mean anything to upset you, call me. I don't want you disappearing again." 

"I will, I promise," Luke smiles small at Ashton who seemed more tense than he did. "I won't let him get to me, but I do need to talk to him Ash. It's only fair." 

"Okay, I love you," Ashton gave a small smile back to Luke before he leant in to press a quick kiss to him lips. "Text me when you leave."

"I will, I love you too," Luke squeezed his hand and kissed him one more time, hands placed at the base of Ashtons neck to pull him close. "Now go, I'll see you tonight." 

Turning quickly and walking into the small cafe before Ashton could stop him and hold him back even more, Luke feels his stomach twist and turn. He knew what he wanted to say and what he needed to say, but he didn't know what Michael would let him say. 

A tense pair of green eyes were already set on him as he walked into the cafe, watching his every move. As Luke made his way to the table hidden in the corner and slowly sat down, they never stopped watching him. 

"Does he spend time with Tim?" Michael bites out, not letting Luke saying anything first. 

"Yes, but not much. He isn't Tim's dad," Luke replied calmly, hoping to keep things civil.