Eight.

Luke's parents loved to spent time with Tim. No matter how much they hinted to Luke's older brothers, Tim was still their only grandchild.

In the process of pining his son off to his parents for a night, Luke had asked Ashton out for dinner. He had been talking to the boy all week and couldn't not spend some more time with him.

"He's got practice after kindy tomorrow, so you don't have to pick him up until four," Luke spoke, handing the backpack over to his mother. "He also needs to take the picture book in his bag in tomorrow, it's his turn to share a story."

"I've got it Luke, I have done this three times," Liz, Luke's mother, smiled at her son. Every time she took Tim for a night or two, she felt proud of her youngest son for how hard he'd worked to give Tim a good life. She also had to remind Luke to not fret so much, that a night or two away from his son wasn't such a bad thing and that the small boy was safe. "I'll drop him off tomorrow night, now go relax and do something for yourself. You look like you need it, sweetheart."

"Thanks ma, you're the best," Luke spoke as he hugged his mother before squatting down to hug his son. "I'll see you tomorrow Tim, be good for your grandparents."

As soon as Luke's front door shut and Tim was with his grandmother, Luke whipped out his phone.

I just left tim with my ma. Do you want me to pick you up? Luke strolled into his room as he waited a reply from Ashton.

A date.

I haven't been on a date in years.

What do I wear on a date?

Luke considered texting Calum and asking his best friend for help, but that would mean telling Calum he had a date. It had been a good month and a half since he'd first met Ashton and he was still keeping him a secret.

Luke was just afraid of jumping ahead, and wasn't too keen on all the teasing he knew he'd get from Calum either. 

Im just getting back from the library, my classes went late. Give me 20? Luke smiled at his phone as it went off another three times with Ashton apologising for being late.

I'm still in my work clothes. Don't worry about it. I'll be there in 30, give you an extra 10 x. Throwing his phone onto the bed, Luke started at his wardrobe desperately trying to decide on an outfit.

Michael and I barely went on dates.

I'm not prepared for this.

Slowly pulling on a clean pair of black jeans and a white shirt, Luke stepped back to look at himself in his full length mirror trying to give himself a pep talk. Fumbling for his keys and wallet, Luke looked himself over one more time before walking out the apartment building and to his car. 

It's just a date Luke, how hard can it be?

--

YIKES I have been gone a long time. Uni has been hella crazy but I've only got a few weeks to go and then its the summer for me and hopefully more updates! 

Here is a v short chapter and a bit of a filler; what do you think?

Leave me some comments telling me what you want to happen and what not. I'm thinking of keeping this story pretty short. 

- Grace x