Twenty-Three.

Luke hadn't left the apartment or been to work in five days, either Ashton or Calum at been right at his side for each of those days. He had tried hard to insist that they should leave him be, but they both refused.

The moment Luke woke up the day after their initial custody hearing, he was on the phone with his lawyer making sure they had all the right information to send off to the court. Calum made sure got up and sent it all of. He knew Luke would only hide in his room and not make any movements toward keeping his son if he didn't.

Liz and Andy had been around, trying to encourage Luke. to get up and out of bed. They had made calls to Luke's lawyer in regard to what needed to be done next and had even tried to contact Michael who had only ignored them. They had even taken Tim to stay with them until he had to be dropped off with Michael, who had been less than impressed to them - he had been quick to rush Tim away from them and avoid everything they tried to say to him. He didn't show any care to the hurt he was causing their son.

"Luke, babe, c'mon we're going out," Ashton spoke as he rubbed up and down his boyfriends back. Luke made no effort to move from his pile of blankets, not wanting to leave his bed. "Luke, please."

"I don't want to," it was the first time Luke had spoken all morning and Ashton felt some relief lift from his shoulders knowing that Luke was at least willing to acknowledge him.

"Just to the shop, please Luke. I can't believe you're okay unless you can get up and come with me," Ashton almost begs Luke.

Luke slowly shuffles around so he is facing Ashton, looking at the worried mans face and biting his lip. Luke had managed to keep in his tears for five days, but seeing his boyfriends worried and desperate face; he feels as though he could burst into tears.

"You don't have to be here."

"Yes I do, Luke. I love you, I'm not going to leave you," Ashton slides down in the bed so he is face to face with Luke, making sure he can look right into his eyes. "I want you to be okay, I'm worried  about you."

"Don't be."

"Luke," Ashton sighed out, hating that Luke was so resistant to accepting any help. "Please, whatever happened last time..don't let it happen again. I won't let you lose your son, you deserve him and he needs you. Now, please come to the shop with me."

Luke took a minute to just stare at Ashton, who patiently watched him back. "Okay."

It was slow, but Ashton managed to get him up and dressed in something fresh and clean. Luke let Ashton baby him, knowing he wouldn't do any of it himself.

Luke had spent the past five days thinking about the last time he had almost lost Tim, about the last time everything in his life felt as though it had fallen apart. He didn't want to fall back into that rut, he wanted to be good for himself and his son but there was something stopping him from pushing forward to be the good father he knows he is.

Ashton led the way out of the apartment and to the small supermarket down the road, being sure to hold tightly onto Lukes hand - almost in fear of the man slipping away at any moment. Neither of the two said much as they made their way around the small store, picking up enough food to last them a few more days.

"I hate that he did this to me."

"What?"  Ashton snapped his head up from the cereal boxes, not expecting to hear Luke speak.

"Michael, I can't believe he had the audacity to do this to me. He knows what happened last time had nothing to do with Tim," Lukes grip on Ashtons hand tightened as his eyebrows furrowed. "I've been the one doing everything for Tim for two years, Ash. Why does he think something that happened three years ago has anything to do with my current abilities?"