The Vytal Tournament

A/N: Hey guys! So the story is almost done! That means I'll be releasing a new story soon! After I get another story done. Once that story is out and I finish one more story, I can get to work on your sequel that I know you're looking forward to.

Yami: Also, next chapter will be the last! This chapter will just be focused on the events outside the arena until Yang's fight with Mercury. From there, the chapter ends and you have to wait another week for the last chapter.

A/N: One last thing, I'll be making a bonus chapter with what happened at the dance once everything else is done.

Yami: Wow, you actually remembered! I thought for sure you'd forgotten. I know I did...

A/N: Trust me, I almost forgot too. Enjoy!

Y/N's POV

The Vytal Tournament had finally started. While the fights have moved past the full team battles, the doubles battles were just starting. Team RWBY decided to go with Yang and Weiss as their fighters, so Ruby, Blake, and I were in the seats.

Ruby: GO YANG! GO WEISS!

Blake and I simply smiled at Ruby's excitement. I was sitting next to Blake before my spider-sense went off. I looked around, trying not to draw attention to myself and caught a glimpse of someone hiding at the top of the arena. I decided not to go after them since it would look suspicious if I left in the middle of the fight. 

I shook off the thought before focusing on the fight. However, my focus was soon drawn to Blake as I could feel her gaze on me. I looked over slightly and saw her quickly avert her eyes, her face becoming slightly red. Ruby just kept cheering as Yang and Weiss won their fight. It was close though, as Yang had to help Weiss near the end. After they left, Ruby practically leaped out of her seat and vanished as she ran to meet them.

Y/N: Well, she's certainly excited.

Blake: Yeah, guess that's just Ruby.

I chuckled a bit before Blake and I got up and went to meet with the girls. As we got there, we saw Ruby hugging Weiss and Yang as she was yelling about how awesome they were. I smiled as Blake went to join them. I was about to go over as well, but my spider-sense went off again. I looked up at the stadium again, seeing nothing.

Blake: Y/N?

Y/N: Huh? Oh, nothing, just zoning out.

I went over to the others. They started talking about how Yang would be in the singles fight for team RWBY. We ended up going into town while we waited for Yang's fight. As we walked around, Emerald and Mercury joined us. Apparently, they were new friends of Ruby. I didn't like the Mercury guy much, but Emerald was pretty cool.

Y/N: Wait, so how did you two meet?

Ruby: She found my wallet after I dropped it somewhere in the fair.

Weiss: Honestly, you're so lucky that she found it.

Emerald: It wasn't that big a deal. 

Mercury: I'm surprised you're not using that to boost your ego.

Emerald elbowed Mercury in the gut as he recoiled, grunting a bit in pain. I smiled a bit before my spider-sense went off again. I stopped walking, looking around.

Yang: Hey Y/N. You ok?

Y/N: Yeah. Actually, I just realized I need pics of the festival for the VNN. I'll see you guys later!

I ran off, leaving the girls and Mercury to hang out. I went to an alleyway where no one could see me and changed into my costume. I swung off, scanning the city as I tried to find the source of my spider-sense going off. I swung around for a while, looking for anything out of the ordinary, but I didn't find anything.