12

A/N: Thank you guys for your votes and comments! Please keep them up and share this story. Also, I don't use twitter that much but if you guys want, you can follow me on there: morganelizbeth or if you all think I should make an author's one let me know! 

“Something makes me think this is very illegal,” he stated as he helped me over the fence, pulling himself over after me.

“It is,” I admitted. We crept along the fence and looked out for gaurds who occasionally patrolled the area along with the security cameras and alarms. I had come up with Cost here once and he had explained as long as you kept to the fence, you could basically get away with it.

July 2014

“Basically?” I repeated.

He nodded, his smile extending to his eyes. “C’mon, Archer, let’s live a little.”

It was dark and the letters of the sign were illuminated. He grabbed my hand as I pulled myself over the fence and helped me over the other side. My feet landed on the ground when I jumped halfway over.

“Just be quiet,” he whispered. We crept along side of the fence. The night air was cool for a summer night in LA and I shivered a bit as I followed him.

“Duck!” He said as a spotlight shone over in our direction. I found myself curled in a ball on the ground with Cost laughing above me.

“You spook so easily,” he said.

“What was that light then?” I asked, peering up from my resting spot.

“Not a guard,” he said. “Now come on!”

He seemed like a child at Christmas in this moment and I quite enjoyed seeing this side of him. We walked along the fence for a few more minutes before we came behind the sign. We were high on the hill, above the sign and he sat down in the dirt, pulling me down next to me.

“The view is amazing,” I said. We had the letters in front of us and you could see the city lights spread out in every direction. The night sky was glittering with stars and airplanes entering and leaving the airport nearby.

“I come up here to think sometimes. You’re the first person I’ve ever taken up here, Archer.” He looked at me and although I couldn’t clearly see his face, his tone was serious.

“What do you think about?” I asked, curious to why he needed to come to such a far removed space to think.

“Life,” he said.

I was thankful that night had nearly fallen as Harry and I crept alongside the fence, following the same path that I had followed with Cost only a few months ago. We sat in the same place close to where Cost and I had sat when he told me he came up here to think.