29

The rest of the week passed quickly. Harry messaged me Friday before their show in Florida. ‘Second to last one, 3 more days JJJ’. I messaged back at least six kissy faces and a ton of exclamation points. I was going out with Lizzy that night. I had invited James out and he said he would meet us once he finished his shift and once Lizzy pulled up, I headed out to her car and we were off to downtown LA. She pulled up in front of a trendy nightclub and we entered the VIP section after handing the keys off to the valet. The room was bumping with bass and sweaty bodies were already flooding on the dancefloor, swaying to the sounds and sloshing alcohol about.

We ordered a bottle of champagne and a bottle of vodka but that was more so for James and Lizzy than me. After finishing the bottle of champagne, we headed to the dancefloor. I checked my phone to see if any messages had come through and surprisingly I had none. We swayed back and forth as a new Afrojack song was flooded through the speakers of the club.

I regretted wearing my nude Louboutins when they started to stick to the floor and my hot pink dress that Lizzy insisted I wear despite the fact that it kept riding up. Lizzy had a neon green shift dress on and platform wedges. We looked good though. I felt a hand brush against my butt and I turned to see James standing behind us. “Sorry! Accident!” He held his hands up, looking only half apologetic.

I rolled my eyes and directed him to the table where he downed a few shots of the vodka before we rejoined Lizzy on the dancefloor who was dancing with a tall Spanish man who looked similar to a very famous soccer (football) player. She shrugged and laughed and kept dancing away. I turned to James and we found ourselves dancing close as the next pulsing trance song came on.

He took my hand and put something in it. It was a small wrapper, looking almost like a piece of trash. I looked at him confused and he made a gesture to swallow it. I took of sip of my champagne and drank whatever I had just been given. I felt reckless tonight for some reason. I wanted to let loose and have fun and be free from all the stress that I had been dealing with over the past few weeks.

My subconscious reminded me that I actually hadn’t dealt with anything aside from the Harry situation and even I was still hot and cold with that. I had sent him an angry text yesterday morning after seeing a tweeted picture of him extra close to some scantily clad girls while out in Georgia.

I shrugged it off and lost myself in the music, not letting my mind be logical for once and just enjoying the music. A few songs in, I started to feel tingly all over. I looked around and wondered if everyone else felt this ‘in tune’ with the music. Honestly, it felt like the DJ was just playing these songs for me. I brushed my hand against James. He felt amazing.

I smiled up at him and he looked at me. The eye contact we made was serious. He must feel it too, I thought. We must be on the same wavelength today. Wow, this was amazing. I had such a connection with him and I just looked at him.

“How are you feeling?” He asked once he pulled me off the dancefloor and took us back to our table.

“Amazing! I’m having so much fun, I normally hate clubs but this is so much fun. And I think I might marry the DJ. He is amazing. I must have told him all my favorite songs or he can read my mind. Holy shit, do you think he can?” I spewed out a whole load of nonsense, than laughed, reaching for the vodka, poured myself a shot and slung it back. It didn’t even burn.