31

The four of us managed to regroup an hour after Harry and I initially went to see what Lizzy and Niall were up to. I had gone to knock on the door of the guest bedroom when we both heard moans coming from the room and walked away as quietly as we could. We lounged downstairs in the living room, my head resting on Harry’s lap until we finally heard them emerge from the bedroom.

“Alright, mate?” Niall asked Harry.

Lizzy and I exchanged knowing glances. The reunion was well worth it.

“Yeah, are you? Heard you guys from the hallway.” Harry clapped Niall on the back and Lizzy turned bright red.

“Harry!” I exclaimed, shaking my head.

“Oh yeah? I’m surprised you could hear us over ‘Oh, Fuck, Harry!’” Niall imitated crudely, adopting a high pitched voice. Now it was my turn to blush. I pulled Lizzy into the kitchen and we sorted through the random take-out menus stashed in a drawer while the boys talked about, well, whatever boys talked about. We narrowed it down to pizza, chinese or the vegan place Lizzy loved.

“I can already tell you, they’re not going to want the vegan food,” I said.

She huffed and put the menu back in the drawer. “Alright, boys, what’s is going to be? Pizza or chinese?”

“Pizza!” Niall exclaimed.

“Chinese,” Harry said at the same time.

“How about both?” They both said again at the same time. We placed the order and the main gate buzzed shortly after. The pizza arrived first and I helped myself to a slice of the white pizza Lizzy and I wanted, sneaking a piece of Harry’s pepperoni when she wasn’t looking. The gate buzzed again and the chinese had arrived, with Lizzy stepping out to get it.

“Gross, Annaleise, check whose outside,” she said once she came back in. I peered out the main window and there was a small crowd of paparazzi and fan girls lined outside my main gate. I watched the deliveryman struggle his way through the crowd. Lizzy set out the chinese food, going back to her pizza as Niall took a box and opened it up. We all turned to look as he pushed the box away from him, his face scrunched up in disgust.

“What the fucking hell!?” He shouted, rushing to the sink and dumping the contents out. He went to the other boxes and removed all the lids. “What the fuck?”

“What is going on?” Lizzy asked.

He showed her a box of the food. Her eyes widened as she saw small bugs squirming in the food. Maggots. I lost my appetite immediately.

Harry rifled through the bag, looking for a receipt. He pulled out a pair of rosary beads from the bottom of the bag and a small card that read ‘LAST SUPPER’ on it. What the fucking hell was going on? Harry dialed the number for the place we ordered from who claimed that the driver hadn’t been dispatched yet and they had said to Lizzy it would be longer than the normal delivery time when she had placed the order.