Ch.12 - Flint

Thank God I do not share a room with anyone. The shirt I'd worn that had Hadley's scent had been on my pillow since I'd put it there. I hadn't contacted him and he hadn't reached out to me.

I miss you. The first person I can ever remember missing is someone I only met a couple of days ago. Someone I barely know. So why do I miss you? Why does it feel like there's a weight on my chest while I think about you? I can't even train properly! Maybe if I just head back to that coffee place I'll run into you. But how often do you go there? And what would that barista think? Would he ask me questions without you there? Would he ask me about you? He seemed to know you pretty well...

My mind had been running at a million miles an hour since I stood up to Demeter. The next day he'd gone off on some mission and left Devil in charge. He told me so long as I could make it look like I was working on something for the pack that it didn't matter what I spent my time doing. All I'd done? Train.

Another half hour won't hurt. Maybe you're with a client? Or maybe you're just training. You're just doing whatever you're doing and it's not my business. Though, I wish it was my business. Maybe we should train together sometime... I'll have to ask that. But first, another half hour. If I haven't heard from you by then I'll text you.

I couldn't relax to save my life after making that decision.