Ch.17 - Flint

I paced my room over and over, unable to sit down. Shit shit shit holy fuck. Did that really happen? I kept pulling up the message again and again and reading it more than enough times to memorize the thing.

Did you really want to ask me that? Because I know I answered what I wanted to answer. There's no questioning that. You're better than anything around here that I hang out with. And if I'm sleeping on your couch then that means I can sit and smell one of the pillows in your house and take in your scent and get my clothes covered in your scent from where they rub against your seats. God that sounds creepier than I mean it to when I'm thinking like this but I don't care right now. You asked me to stay the night!

"Flint! Get your ass down here!" I heard Devlin call. I sighed, getting up and leaving my phone under my mattress before going to answer Devlin.

"What do you want?"

"We're hunting tomorrow. Don't forget. If you miss you have to answer to me."

"We don't hunt without our Alpha and you know that."

"Technically while he's gone I am the Alpha, so we're hunting."

"I'm not. I already made plans for the weekend and there's nothing you can do about it."

"You just don't want me to show you up."

"God you're such a brat about everything, Devlin! Maybe I have a date. Maybe I have family that I've found. Maybe I just don't want to spend more time with your dumb ass than I have to! Whatever it is, it's none of your business, so I'm not explaining myself. And you keep trying to force me into things and you end up pushing me farther and farther away because it seems to mean that you just want to spend time alone with me. Sam has something going on and Luke always goes with Sam to whatever happens for him."

"What do they even do? They're probably secretly gay and having sex all the time. I can see Sam being a bottom and raising his tail for Luke."

I saw red in no time. With my back to Devlin I could let my eyes stay the color until they eased back to normal no matter how long it would take. "Better watch it. If they hear you talking like that you know Luke will get Demeter involved and even if you're Demeter's little golden shit you're still breaking rule. We don't mock each other. We don't hurt each other outside of a planned battle. And we don't trash each other in any manner no matter what our orientations are."

"True. Besides, I just do it because I trust you." He said, walking up and clapping a hand on my shoulder. "Have fun this weekend with whatever bitch you've found if that's what you're doing." He said, walking off, laughing.

I'll have fun no matter what I'm doing because I'm spending time with him and not you.