Let the Game Begin

//AN// This book is about over. The first book anyway... I hope you all enjoy my book. Oh, and thank you for actually guessing down there in the comments!!! It made me happy to see what you guys thought!!! (no shynsweetie that's not what was making me happy earlier, and to you guys who don't know- its not really important) I'm gonna start writing now, cuz I'm really excited.

I looked up, even though I already knew who it was. The voice I had spent the past four days listening to was stuck in my head- AND DON'T ANY OF YOU GET THE WRONG IDEA!!!!

Ryder was standing in the doorway leaning on the frame of the door. He may have been wet, and it looked like he was bleeding again, but he was still there.

"You idiot, now they're going to get you too." I thought, but I couldn't help feeling grateful.

Ally and Ames gave him annoyed looks.

"What, don't you trust Kayla with your son?" Ryder asked with an innocent smile.

"YOU are not my son." Ally hissed, stepping in front of me. 

He laughed. "Come on now mom, just because I got some bad grades on the last quarter of school you're going to disown me? Come on Kayla, I'll fix you up." He held out a hand. 

I stepped in front of Ally, I might still have a chance, she wouldn't do anything in front of this crowd... 

"Oh, I'm done with this." Ally sighed. "Brother, can we just take her already?" 

I was, of course, proved wrong. 

"Ally, you ruined our cover story. Fine, then, we can just rush the process." Ames agreed, simply stuffing the dollar I gave him into his pocket and walking to stand beside his sister. "We almost had her, you know, Ryder. You ruined our plan."

"That's what I do best. I ruin things. Makayla would know all about that." Ryder spat back. "Now hand her over, you lost."

The surrounding people had lost interest after a while, but all of their attention had turned back to the kidnapping in progress, eyes full of terror, excitement, and a touch of curiosity. The rain had also started to come down harder. I was trying to avoid looking at Ryder, because he looked kind of mad at me and because he was cringing in pain, his wound obviously opened after he walked all the way here.

"Do you want me to call the police?" A lady whispered to Ryder.

Ryder didn't get a chance to answer, because an arm wrapped around me and pinned my arms to my sides, and I felt something cold and sharp against my neck.

"That would be cheating Ryder, and if you make the game unfair, we may have to get rid of a member of your team to even it out." Threatened Ames, and I paled.

He pressed down slightly with the knife, and I felt it slowly punture my skin. Blood ran down my neck and I froze in terror and pain. 

"Ally, I can feel a vain, should I break it?" Ames taunted, and felt myself start to shake.

"I don't know, Ryder, what do you think?"

Ryder had frozen. "N-n-no. Don't. Please..."

We were going to lose this if I didn't do something. I would not be the reason of Ryder's problems again.

I pressed my neck forward slightly, ignoring the suvere pain and the blood and I shot back my head, causing Ames to drop his knife in surprise.

I quickly bent down, picked it up and ran next to Ryder.

"How did you know to come?" I asked.

"You were taking too long, I figured something was wrong." He explained, annoyed. "Why did you insist on walking so far, I saw the whole thing, stupid." He sighed. 

"Oh, sorry." I said stupidly. "Uh, thanks for helping- RYDER!"

He had suddenly cringed in pain and clutched his wound. When I bent down to look at it I heard cackling.

"What a nice reunion! Too bad we're going to take your little girlfriend, Ryder!" Smirked Ames.

"She isn't my-" Ryder was cut off.

"Alright then, keep telling yourself that." Ally sighed, shrugging.

Ryder turned red.

"Okay, I believe it's our turn Ally." Ames said, and his sister nodded.

Ally handed her brother a gun from her coat pocket, and he pointed it directly at Makayla's head. "Your move." He laughed. 

"You know what? I'm sick of weapons." I spat, taking a few steps forward.

"Makayla, I hope you realize that we don't care." Ames laughed, moving his aim to next my arm, and shooting.

The bullet grazed my arm, but I ignored it and heard the glass door of the bakery shatter behind me. 

"Oh, you can do better than that, I hope." I hissed.

I didn't wait for him to try again.

I ran forward and kicked him, and he dropped the gun.

"Run." Ryder said simply, turning and holding the door as I jolted out.

I heard him slam the door behind him, and he caught up with me.

"What do we do now?" I asked as we ran.

"We have to go back and get our bags, they have all the money and extra food." He said.

"Alright." I agreed.

"Perfect, now their little game is going to be harder." Ryder hissed when we got back to where our bags were.

"Oh well, we'll manage." I shrugged, handing him his back pack, shouldering mine. "Oh, and thanks for coming for me." I said. 

"Anytime." he said. "But I really didn't do much."

"Yeah you did. You got them to drop their act so that the bystanders didn't think I was an insane orphan." I laughed.

"I guess I did." Ryder smirked. "Now let's go."

"Hey, remember when you held out your hand?" I asked.

He nodded and looked at me, confused.

"Did you want me to hold it?" I teased, but I realised I was blushing slightly.

He blushed furiously and began stuttering. "W-well, um, y-you see, I-" suddenly he smirked. "So why did you remember it Kayla? Did it make you feel happy?"

It was my turn to blush furiously and stutter. "N-no!! W-Why... I just..." 

He laughed. "Let's go."

I nodded silently and we walked down the sidewalk. 

"Makayla, your bandages are all messed up. Now I'll have to redo them, idiot." He sighed.

"Yeah, you can talk." I hissed as his bandages fell off and he shrugged. "Nevermind." I sighed. I picked them up off the ground and threw them away in a trash can.

"Lets go until night, then we can stop and fix that stuff." I said. "Or at least until it starts to get dark."

"Okay." Ryder agreed.

"Thanks again." I muttered.

"What?" He asked.

"Nothing!!" I sang, running ahead of him.

"GET BACK HERE!!!" He called, running after me.

I couldn't help but smile.

//AN// Haha, all of your final guesses were wrong... :P I hope you like it!!! Ally and Ames will be back, by the way. Soon. Alright then, bye!!