17

====

WARNING; contains mention of suicide. Viewer precaution advised.

====

' I love you

' I love you. '

====

They ran through the war filled streets, keeping out of everyone's way as they moved. Blair struggled to keep up as she lost herself to the virus, Newt's condition continuing to go downhill. Gally lead them, constantly looked back to check on them.

'Alright. Newt, we're almost there,' He called over his shoulder.

'Just leave me,' Newt croaked.

They all ducked when an explosion went off in front of them, a firey car flying up the street. The boys put Newt down, letting him lean up against the wall that covered them. Blair stripped her jacket from her torso, a light sweat breaking out on her hairline.

'Back! Back!' Gally demanded.

A huge crowd flooded past them, explosions and gunshots echoed off the surrounding buildings. Blair hardly moved when she heard a Berg over head, her eyes lids drooping as she held Newt's hand lightly. Black drool stained the boy's chin, his eyes blackening.

'Okay, that's them,' Thomas yelled.

'Yeah,' Gally agreed.

'It's them. We gotta go. We gotta go.'

He moved to grab Newt who hit his hands away, 'Go without me, man. You should just-'

The boy didn't get to finish his sentence as he coughed up more black gunk, everyone looking at him with concern painted on their faces. Blair kept her mouth shut as she coughed, spitting out the stuff that rose into her mouth.

'Hey, baby,' She spoke softly as Newt's breaths quickened; 'Look at me, love. Focus on me. I'm right here.'

'Minho,' Thomas stated; 'You gotta run ahead, grab the serum, and get back to us as soon as you can.'

Minho looked at him, torn with what to do; leaving his best friend and possibly never see him again or stay with him by his side to get him to the help he needed.

'Minho, go,' Thomas pleaded.

'He's right. I can cover,' Gally agreed.

'Thank you- Thank you, Minho,' Newt panted as he grabbed his best friend's arm.

'Hey, you just hang on,' Minho looked over his face; 'You hear me?'

The boy stood and walked up behind Gally, the pair racing out into the middle of the warzone.

'Newt, baby, stay with me,' Blair begged as she watched his emotions in his eyes fade more; 'Talk to me, Newt. Tell me... Tell me!'

'Newt? Newt?' Thomas called; 'Hey! Hey! Newt! Hey!'