3

====

' You're not giving up on this, are you? '

====

Blair let out a yelled as she jogged down the sand dune that had formed inside the building Teresa had found, the guards from WCKD still looking for them outside. She tumbled to the ground, allowing herself to roll down the sand until she hit the cold concrete floor. She brought her leg up, her hands moving to press into her shin where it was screaming with pain; the blood from her palm sticking to her jeans.

'Blair, you ok?' Aris asked as he approached her.

'Yup,' She let out a harsh breath; 'Help me up.'

She took his hand as he held it out for her, letting up pull her up. The girl jumped around on her good leg until she was balanced, only then slowly placing her foot of her bad leg onto the ground. Her eyes followed the light of the flashlight Minho had turned on, scanning for any signs of danger as she ripped the bottom of her shirt off.

Blair wrapped the wide piece of long fabric around her hand, creating a mask shift bandage. She smirked when Aris handed her a piece of wood long enough to be used as a crutch, but she waved him off; not wanting to look weak. He cocked an eyebrow at her, before handing her the wood anyway. He listened to her sigh as she placed it under her arm, leaning on it to give her leg some relief.

'Where the hell are we?' Minho asked.

'We gotta go,' Thomas motioned with his hand for them to follow.

'No. Thomas, stop!' Teresa yelled; 'Tell me what's going on.'

The boy sighed and walked forward into the light, Blair limping over with Aris at her side.

'It's WCKD. It's WCKD,' Thomas sighed; 'They lied to us. We never escaped. Me and Aris, we found bodies. Too many to count.'

'What do you mean? Dead bodies?' Minho queried.

'No, but they weren't alive either. They had them strung up. With tubes coming out of them. They were being drained. There's something inside of us that WCKD wants. Something in our blood. So we have to get as far away from them as possible.'

'Okay. So, what's the plan? You do have a plan, right?' Newt asked.

'Yeah. I don't know.'

'Well, we followed you out here, Thomas, and now you're saying that you have no idea where we're going or what we're doing?'

There was a tense pause before Aris spoke, 'Wait. Janson said something about people hiding in the mountains. Some kind of resistance or army.'

'The Right Arm,' Thomas added; 'The Right Arm. If they're really against WCKD, maybe they can help us.'