6

====

' Why do I have to be the calm one? '  

====

Blair whimpered as she was hung up by her feet, tears dripping from her eyes as her leg seared with pain. She doubted it had hurt that bad when she rebroke it, it was beyond bearable at that point. Her friends were strung up around her the same way, all of them quiet and angry at Thomas. She still continued to study their faces as she spun around slowly, trying to take her mind off the pain.

'Good plan, Thomas,' Minho chided; 'Just hear what the man has to say. Really working out for us.'

'Shut up, Minho,' Thomas sighed; 'Maybe I can reach the rope.'

Groans sounded at the boy tried to bend upwards to reach the rope at his feet, but failed to do so.

'Enjoying the view?' Jorge asked as he appeared out of the darkness. 

'What the hell do you want?' Thomas asked.

'That is the question... My men want to sell you back to WCKD. Life has taught them to think small. I'm not like that. Something tells me that you're not either.'

'Is the blood rushing to my head or is this shank not making any sense?' Minho asked. 

'Tell me what you know about the Right Arm.'

'I thought you said they were ghosts,' Newt stated.

'I happen to believe in ghosts. Especially when I hear them chattering on the airwaves. You tell me what you know, and maybe we can make a deal.'

'We don't know much,' Thomas sighed.

The next thing Blair knew they were falling, before Thomas called out to Jorge. Her body jolted as they stopped again, another pained yelled leaving her mouth as the pain intensified; her eyes clenching shut.

'Okay! Okay, all right,' Thomas yelled; 'They're hiding in the mountains. And they attacked WCKD. They got out a bunch of kids. That's it. That's all we know.'

'Yo, Jorge,' A man called as he entered the room; 'What's going on?'

'Me and my new friends were just getting acquainted,' Jorge stated; 'We're done now.'

'Hey, wait. You're not gonna help us?' Thomas asked.

'Don't worry, hermano. We'll get you back to where you belong. Hang tight.'

'Please,' Newt yelled; 'At least help her then. She's badly hurt and will probably die if you keep her like this.'

Jorge's eyes moved to Blair as she went floppy as Newt spoke, her eyelids fluttering.

'You keep her alive, that's more money for you,' The boy pressed; 'Just tie her up on one of those poles. She can't go anywhere. She can hardly walk.'