9

====

' I don't

' I don't. But I have hope. '  

====

Blair rested her head on Newt's shoulder as they sat in the back of the jeep, their fingers linked together. Her eyes were shut as she finally slept, trying to sleep off some of the pain in her shin. Thomas' eyes were constantly flickering to the pair beside him, but he made no comment.

'Come on, mate, spit it out,' Newt finally sighed.

'What?' He stammered.

'You obviously have something to say.'

'You two seem close.'

'Yeh, and?'

'Nothing.'

Newt huffed in amusement, 'She's not going to betray us, we've only just got her to trust us.'

'She trusts you. Only you.'

'She trusts all of us.'

'Yeh, she just likes you the most,' Frypan chuckled.

Thomas sighed and looked back out the window, watching the world pass by.

'Where we going anyway?' Frypan asked.

'Thomas?' Jorge suggested.

'Uh, I- I don't know. Just keep following Vince,' Thomas replied.

The group looked at him concerned, but let him be as he continued to look out the window.

====

It took them half a day to get where they were going, which ended up being an abandoned dock by the ocean. Blair had slept most of the way, leaving Newt to wake her when they arrived. She rubbed her eyes groggily as she got out of the car, stretching as she yawned; her eyes moving over her surroundings once she was done.

The ocean was a gorgeous blue, reaching out until it touched the sky. The dock held one surviving boat and others were wrecked in the harbour, a huge barely standing building on the land. She smiled as she looked over it all, limping forward as Newt wrapped an arm around her shoulders. They followed Vince to the building, pushing the doors open to find endless supplies of wood and fabric; crates lining the wall.

'Well, let's get to work,' The man brushed off his hands.

Blair grabbed some wood, piling it off to the side before she moved to grab more. It was dark by the time the group clear out a space in the middle of the building, Harriet and Brenda outside making a fire. The girl stood down by the water, letting the small waves rush over her boots and up her legs. She smiled softly as she looked up at the stars and the moon, listening to the mutters of her friends.