8

====

' No

' No.'

====

The group remained silent, no one knowing what to say. Blair looked over at Newt when he grabbed her hand again, a smile flittering over both their lips as they met each other's gaze. She shuffled over to sit closer to him, resting her head on his shoulder; setting her eyes on the fading colours of the sky. The grey clouds decorating the sky of blue and orange as the sun disappeared behind the mountains, the day coming to an end.

She furrowed her eyebrows when she saw two lights appear over the mountains, raising her head from Newt's shoulder. That was when the faint sounds of Bergs echoed through the air, causing her to stand with wide eyes. She began to pull her friends up without looking at them, confusing them to no end.

'Blair, what is it?' Minho asked.

She couldn't speak, she couldn't find her voice, so she merely pointed to the horizon.

'Oh, shit,' Frypan muttered.

'Run. We've got to run,' Newt yelled.

'Everyone hide. WCKD's here!' Minho called down below.

Everyone looked up at them, their sights following Blair's finger which was still pointed at the horizon. Some people became frozen, others began to run around in panic. She was yanked up the ledge by Minho, thrown onto his back as Newt took her cane; all of them running back down to the camp. They were thrown to the ground when a missile exploded in the middle of the camp, fires erupting from the tents.

People began to scream and duck for cover, Blair scrambled to stand; helping her friends up before she limped over to grab her cane. More explosions went off, before guards dropped down from the Bergs and began shooting people. She ducked behind some barrels with the boys, eyes searching for Aris from the smoke. Light beams searched the ground, chasing after larger groups.

'Where's Thomas?' Minho yelled over all the noise.

'Harriet! Ammo!' Vince's voice sounded.

All their heads snapped toward the truck where the man stood behind a large machine gun, Harriet on the ground moving amunition.

'Vince! Harriet!' They called out as they ran over to them.

'How can we help?' Newt asked.

'You need to cover us!' Harriet yelled as they ducked behind the truck.

'Ammo!' Vince yelled before leaning down; 'Hey! Do you know how to use this thing?'

Minho nodded as he took the gun, loading it as he gripped it tight.

'Cover me! This fifty's our only chance!' Vince yelled.

Blair took the gun Harriet handed to her, loading it before she raised it; firing shots at the men who ran toward them. Newt and Frypan joined her with their own weapons, gunshots echoing through screams and whirling blades. Bodies fell to the ground as their bullets tore through them, but more men appeared.