7

====

'No, I know what I see

'No, I know what I see. I don't know what you don't tell me.'

====

Blair sat in the back of the hatchback ute with Minho and Aris, Newt in the front with Jorge driving. Her head rested against window, her eyes shut as her bad leg rested across the boys laps. They had been driving for hours and the girl was over it, keen to get out and move again. Her eyes fluttered open when she felt the car slow to a stop, before she slowly sat up and took in her surroundings.

A rock wall seemed to reach the sky in her left, a cliff on her right; countless abandoned cars in front of her. Everyone got out of the car, making their way to the front of the car to look over what was ahead of them. Blair arched her back to stretch, shaking out her legs, before she limped over to stand with the group.

'Well, I guess we're on foot,' Jorge stated.

Her eyes moved over Brenda as she stood in front of her, the girl's body swaying lightly; her face incredibly pale, just as Winston's had been. But she didn't say anything, knowing that if she wanted everyone to know, she would've said something. She limped forward, looking over the abandoned cars; peeking inside some of the ones she passed. That was when the first gunshot echoed through her air, her feet moving to hide her behind a car.

'Get down!' Thomas yelled.

'Take cover!' Newt called.

A few more gunshots sounded, bullets hitting the cars, before it went quiet for a second.

'Hey, is everyone okay out there?' Thomas asked.

'We're fine,' Teresa replied.

'Anyone know where those bloody shots came from?' Newt asked.

Nobody answered because no one had an answer. Blair gripped her leg as she rested her back against the car door, no one with her and she could only hope they were all ok; except Teresa.

'Everybody!' Jorge's voice echoed; 'Get set to sprint back to the truck! And hold your ears!'

She furrowed her brows at the words, but carefully pushed herself up to squat anyway.

'Drop it,' A female demanded; 'Now! I said drop it!'

Blair peeked up through the dusty window of the car to find two girls pointing their guns down at where she assumed Thomas and Jorge were, both of their faces masked.

'On your feet. Let's go... Let's go! Move!' The girl yelled; 'Back up! You two, over here now! Come on, let's go! Don't be stupid! Move... Slowly.'

She slowly stood and came out from her hiding spot, coming up behind the two armed girls; slinking past them to stand beside Teresa.

'Aris?' The darked haired girl gasped before pulling down her mask.