12

====

' They know we're here

' They know we're here. ' 

====

Blair's eyes raked over the many faces they passed as Thomas dragged them through the large settlement they had found on the outskirts of the wall, her hand set firmly in Newt's. She did her best to take her time studying each person, but they all moved so quickly; hundreds of voices around her. They stuck close to one another, pushing through the people walking in the opposite direction.

'Tell me,' Newt muttered for the third time since they arrived.

'Angry,' She replied as she passed a man; 'Hungry. Angry. Angry. Scared. Angry.'

He nodded, squeezing her hand in reassurance as they continued to move quickly.

'We are the voice of the voiceless!' A man yelled through a speaker, causing the whole group to stop and turn.

A rover made its way through the street slowly, a man sitting at the front of the roof with a walkie talkie connected to a megaphone; a group of four men behind him with face masks, body armour and guns.

'They hide behind their walls, thinking they can keep the cure for themselves, while they watch the rest of us wither and rot!' The man yelled; 'But there are more of us than there are of them. And I say, we rise up and take back what is ours! Let's bring back a victory!'

People cheered in defiance as the convoy passed them, raising their fists in the air. Blair's brows furrowed when she saw a dot on the back of Thomas' neck light up, before his locator lit up fully. She looked up to the sky, a berg and two drones hovering over the group.

'Thomas,' She called; 'They know we're here.'

'What?' He replied.

'You're neck. That tracker.'

'Shit. Guys, we gotta move.'

He stepped out into the crowding path the vans had passed them on, following after them. He lead them through a small tunnel and out to where protesters yelled with their flags and fists in the air.

'That's it. That's our way in,' Thomas called before striding forward.

Blair looked around at all the angry faces, gripping Newt's hand a little harder. He didn't have to ask to know what the people around them were feeling, it was easy to see. They followed after him hesitantly, pushing their way through the angry mob of people. She refused to let go of Newt's hand, even if that meant they walked at a slower pace as she got stuck behind people.

Jorge yelled out to Thomas, trying to speak to him over the crowd, but the crowd drowned him out from where she stood. The pair surged forward, leaving the back half of the group to fend for themselves as Brenda guided them. Blair looked back over her shoulder, spotting two of the guards they had seen on the convoy watching them.