[10] Zoo

I jolted up awake. The dream I had was so real but I couldn't remember what exactly happened, but I can tell you that it was bad. I put a hand on my forehead and wiped the sweat off of it and pulled the covers off of me. I grabbed my phone and saw that it was 3:35am. Great, I still had like six hours of sleep left. I sighed and got up deciding to get a glass of water and try to go back to sleep. I yawned and ran a hand threw my hair then got up to go down to the kitchen.

Once I reached the bottom of the steps I heard the t.v. on. Colton must be still awake. I wonder what time he got home. I walked further into the living room and looked over the couch to see Colton sprawled out. His foot was hanging over the edge of the couch, he was laying on his back with his mouth slightly open, his left arm was hugging his stomach while his right arm was laying off the couch as well. He looked really peaceful; so I didn't want to wake him. I decided to stop looking at him and get my self a glass of water because my throat was dry and plus, that is why I came down here in the first place: to get a drink of water. After I put ice in the cup I filled the cup with water useing the fridge.

"What are you doing awake?" Colton's voice startled me making me almost drop the cup.

"Jesus Colton. Don't scare me like that. And I had a bad dream so I thought I'd come down here and get myself a cup of water. Why are you up?" I asked him while taking a drink of my water.

"I heard you comed down the steps and I heard you getting ice so I decided I come in here and see what you were up to." He said. Colton was currently shirtless with red backetball shorts on. His brown hair was sticking up in all directions and his eyes were droopy so you could tell that he was extremely tired.

"Go back to bed, Colton. You look really tired." I said. "I am really tired. It was a painful night at work." He said getting himself a glass of water. Right now I can picture us married for some stupid reason.

"Do you only work nights?" I asked him decideing that I wanted to know more about his job. Colton shook his head. "No, tonight was the only night I worked at nights. One of the guys were out so I had to fill in." He explained. I nodded. "What do you do?" I asked him as we walked out of the kitchen. He turned off the t.v. before making his way to the stairs.

"A job that cannot be spoken of." Was all he said. I decided to drop it because it was almost 4am and I didn't want to bombard him with questions about his work. I'll just save them for another day. I walked to my room and opened the door. But before I went back in for the night Colton stopped me. "You had a baddream, are you okay?" He asked. I gave him a small smile. "Yeah, I get those dreams a lot so I am used to them." I said. I remember one was so bad that I almost did something really stupid I still regret to this day even though I didn't do anything. Colton nodded and walked back into his room. I looked down and smiled before turning around and going back to bed.

+++

"Wake up, wake up, wake up!!!" I heard a screaming voice in my ear. "Go away." I mumbled. When I went back to bed last night I ended up having a really good dream about Colton. "C'mon Taylor! I am dressed and ready to go to the zoo! And it's...." "8:30!" The voice belonged to Jenna. I swear this kid acts more like a ten year old than a five year old. I sighed. "Is Colton awake?" I randomly asked. Jenna nodded. "Yeah he is the one who woke me and Travis up and he dressed me. C'mon Taylor, get your butt out of bed and get ready!" She said smacking me with a pillow. "Now now Jenna, Don't hit your babysitter with a pillow." I grunted and sat up. I saw a very well dressed Colton standing in the door way. "You have twenty minutes to get ready. C'mon Jenna lets go get breakfast." Colton said. Jenna raced off the bed and followed Colton out of the door. I groaned and decided to finally get up.

After fifteen minutes of getting ready I grabbed my phone and headed down stairs. The smell of bacon and pancakes filled my nose. "You cooked?" I asked Colton as he stood near the microwave. "Not really. Victoria has microwaveable pancakes, and the bacon is microwaveable as well." Colton said. I chuckled as the timer went off. Colton handed me a plate of pancakes and bacon and I thanked him than sat down next to Jenna. "So since it's nine. We will leave at 9:45. The zoo opens at 10:30, but it takes almost a hour to get there." I said stuffing a bite of pancake into my mouth.