[17] New Neighbor

4 days later.

Finally after five days of being in the hospital, I get to go home. Even though my gun shot wound was still there, it was fading rather quickly, which I was happy about.

After that phone call I made to my mom, my parents have been fighting and ignoring each other for the past five days. I wonder what the hell my father has done and why he cheated on mom. I was currently reading a book on my bed when I heard a beeping noise out side. Apparently we are already getting new neighbors after Trey told me our old neighbors moved. Which I'm kinda happy because it was a grumpy old man who lived there by himself.

I put my book down and walked over to the window. OH no...... Seriously.

"MOM!" I yelled. Why would he be moving right next door. Now I will never get enough of him. Shit. I heard footsteps running into my room. "Is everything alright?" Mom asked out of breath. I shook my head no. "You never told me that Colton was moving next door!" I said angrily. He didn't want to see me, yet he's moving right next to me. Great... "Oh yeah. Madison texted me and told me that they were moving out of Colton's Aunt's house, and this house was for sale since the old man moved, so I told her about it and they apparently like it so now they're moving in." Mom said. I sighed.

"Is there a problem?" She asked. I shook my head "I just really don't like him at the moment." Or ever. I thought. Mom nodded. I thought I'd ask now rather than later.

"Did dad really cheat on you?" I asked quietly while sitting cross legged on at the end of my bed. Mom sighed but nodded her head yes "He decided to come right out and say it the night when we came home when you were still in the hospital. He got some other girl pregnant. So I'm thinking about divorcing him." Mom said. I looked at her in shock. "Mom he did one mistake, and you're divorcing him?" I said once again angrily. I couldn't possibly stand having my parents separate.

"Yes he did a mistake Taylor. But you have to realize he cheated on me and got some other girl pregnant. You would do the same if that ever happened to you." Mom pointed out. Yeah she was right I guess, but still.

"Anyway, I'm making lunch. Come on down when you're ready." Mom said giving me a small smile before heading out of my room. Let out a shaky breath. I still couldn't believe that my parents were getting a divorce...

Looking back out of my window I saw Colton in his room unpacking boxes. Yeah maybe I was growing a slight crush on him... But he's a player, he has his fuck buddy Ashley, and probably some of the other girls on the cheerleading squad. Which the thought of that hurt my heart. Gosh, stupid feelings. Why did I have to fall for him?

Colton must've seen me starring at him because he looked right back at me. Our gaze was locked for a moment until my phone started ringing. I broke the staring contest and answered my phone. "Hey Tay! How are you feeling?" Sam's happy voice said. I chuckled a little looking back up to Colton's room, but to find him not there. I sighed and got up to go eat some lunch. "Taylor?" Sam asked. "Sorry Sam, what?" I asked going down the steps.

"Are you okay?" She asked, worried was clear in her tone. "Yeah yeah, I'm fine." I said. "That's bullshit Taylor Ann Smith. Tell me what's wrong." Sam said. I love Sam. Not like that, but she's always been there for me when I needed her. And I've always been so grateful for our friendship. Yeah Tyler's been there for me too, can't forget about him.

"Taylor... You really need to stop spacing out. Actually, I'll be over in fifteen minutes. It's better to talk in person." Sam said hanging up. I chuckled and grabbed the already made sandwich that mom made me.

"Was that Samantha?" Mom said smiling. I nodded "Yeah, she is apparently coming over in fifteen minutes. She thinks there's something wrong with me." I chuckled. "Well, you did get shot, and you have been spacing out the past five days ever since you arrived home. Are you sure you're okay." Mom asked. I nodded and took a bite of my ham and cheese sandwich.

"Yes mother. I feel fine." I said. I truly am fine. I mean my wound and stomach still hurts a little, but other than that I honestly feel fine. Mom out her hands up in surrender. "Okay. Well I'm going to go run some errands, I should be home in about two hours. Tell Sam she's more than welcome to stay for dinner. Were having tacos." Mom smiled. I nodded. "Okay. Love you." Mom kissed my cheek before saying love you back and exiting the house.

I continued eating my sandwich, waiting for Sam to arrive.

When fifteen minutes were up Sam came bursting threw the front door. "You know, there's this thing called knocking..." I trailed off hugging my best friend. "Yeah yeah. Tell me, what's up?" Sam said as we headed to my room. Once we got there I spilled everything.

- How my parents are divorcing
- What Colton told me at the hospital
- And that Colton is now my neighbor.

"Back track, Colton told you you guys weren't aloud to speak to each other... But, he decided that moving next door would be okay?" Sam said. I shrugged "Maybe it's a test. To see if I'm going to talk to him or not." I thought out loud. I mean it could be the second reason why he moved next door with his mom. Sam nodded agreeing with me.

"I'm also sorry about your parents. I know what it's like." Sam said. I nodded "I just don't know why people cheat. I mean they get married for a reason, because they both like each other. I mean yeah, it could've been a drunken mistake because I know my dad sometimes goes out to bars, but he loves my mom. Or I thought he did." I mumbled the last part.

Then something popped into my head "Sam." I said. She looked up and hmmed me. "You said that your mom cheated on your dad and got pregnant by the other mans baby?" I asked. "Yeah that's right. What about it?" Sam asked. I took a minute to gather my words together, "Because that's what my father did. He cheated, slept with another woman, what if that other woman was your mom Sam! What if he got her pregnant!" I said. Sam's mom and my dad were close friends in high school. What if that is the reason.

"That can't be possible Taylor. No way, it had to be some other woman. Yeah they were best friends in high school, but I know my mother; I know she wouldn't sleep with your dad." Sam said shaking her head trying not to believe it. That's who my dad cheated on with! And that's why he's been out on those 'work meetings' almost every other weekend! God, I'm gonna have a talk with my father.

"Just think about it. What has your mom been saying after she gets home in like a week from her job?" I questioned. Sam thought for a moment but ended up coming with an answer. "She had some work meeting to go to." She said after a moment of silence. "Exactly, that what my dad kept on saying. So it's possibly true that my dad got your mom pregnant." I said. Sam sighed. "Are we going to tell your mom, and my dad or wait for awhile?" Sam asked.

"I guess we should wait, to see if it actually true." I said. Sam nodded. "Omg, look." Sam said pointing out my window. I looked over and saw Ashley and Colton doing god knows what.

"Gross." I said making the throw up sound. Sam chuckled "You have feelings for him!" She said hitting my shoulder. "What!? I do not. I have feelings for.... Logan." I blurted out. "Tyler's best friend Logan?" Sam said. I mean I did find him really attractive, and he is a nice caring guy. So how could you not like him? "I'm calling Tyler." Sam smiled pulling out her phone. "Sam no!" I yelled lunging towards her. Sam laughed evilly but still called Tyler.

***

"I can't believe you did that." I mumbled as we were watching a movie. Sam ended up getting Logan to go to the fair on Saturday. Yeah I'm excited but I would've rather asked him myself.

"You and me both know that you wouldn't have done that. You needed help." Sam smiled looking at me. I rolled my eyes.

"Thanks Sam." I said sarcastically. "What are best friends for?" She laughed. I rolled my eyes and we continued watching the movie.

A/N:

I can't wait to write the fair part! It's gonna be one of my favorite chapters. You'll see why in the next update.:))

Hehe. How do you all feel about Colton being next to Taylor? What's gonna happen..... Hmmm.

Talk to you guys in the next chapter!

Until the next update:
Read, comment and vote :)

Thanks,
Meg.