[25] Skip Day

It was now Tuesday morning and I was eating breakfast when I saw mom come into view.

"Hey Taylor." Mom said entering the kitchen.

"Hey, how are you?" I asked her. Ever since my parents got that divorce she's been heartbroken. I still don't get it... If people still love each other and they want to get married, why would they get a divorce later on? That was my question.

"I'm doing okay. It's just hard." She said getting her already made coffee out that she made last night.

"I completely understand." And I did.

"So, I am hearing that your school is doing a play, what's the play about?" Mom asked. I swallowed my bite of cereal and answered her, "It's like Romeo and Juliette- but a more modernized version. I tried out yesterday for Juliette and I am pretty sure I got the part." I kinda wanted it because Colton tried out. We almost kissed, but almost was the key word here, Mrs. Greene stopped us because we got saved by the bell.

"Who is going to play Romeo?" Mom asked.

"Colton..." I sighed. I was still pissed at him for bringing up Andrew Saturday night, and it was awkward being around him, but I would also like to apologize to him. He wouldn't let me though. I was going to today after Drama, but he left the room before I could even call out his name.

"Ye- I mean, cool." Mom said. I chuckled and rolled my eyes. "I'm going to get going, I'll see you later." I said putting my bag onto my shoulder and grabbing my phone.

"Alright have a good day hon." Mom said.

I nodded and left the house. This Friday is the championship game of our schools football team. And as well as the last high school party I will be attending. I mean I don't really have a choice, I actually decided to go to this party on my own.

I walked to my truck and looked over at my neighbors house, also known as Colton's. I saw him come out of the front door shortly after. Sometimes I even forget he's my neighbor. He must've saw me looking because he looked at me. I had to apologize. I felt so bad for what I made him maybe think of Saturday night. I ignored him and it was stupid.

Next thing I know is that I'm walking towards Colton's house. I saw him get on his motorcycle, but I stopped him before he turned it on.

"Colton. I'm sorry." I came out and said it.

He nodded and put on his bike helmet. "Colton!" I yelled, but I backed up when I heard him start the engine. I stood in front of it.

"Get out of my way." He yelled. I shook my head and crossed my arms.

"I'll run you over and won't regret it." He spat. Okay, that hurt. But I wasn't leaving this spot. I stayed quite and tried look as if what he said didn't effect me when truth was, it did.

"Come on Colton! I'm sorry!" I yelled over the engine. This is an interesting way to start off my Tuesday morning.

He shut off his engine and took off his helmet. "I'm sorry for being a bitch to you Saturday night, okay? You just don't have any idea to have had a boyfriend like that, and I don't like when people bring him up because it just brings out bad and good memories that I am trying to forget." I said.

Colton nodded, but stayed quiet. "Say something." I said looking up meeting his eyes. "Get on." He said. "What?" I kinda laughed out. He rolled his eyes and said, "Get on before I change my mind about doing this." Colton said. I sighed but got on anyway. "So what, you get a helmet and I don't?" I asked him. "Here." He said handing me an extra helmet. I wonder how many girls have been on the back of this....