A new day, A new chance

Lila walked into the school keeping her eyes glued to the floor maybe if she didn't see them she could pretend everyone wasn't looking at her, hating her, judging her.

It was no use she could still feel their stares burning into her. She could still hear the whispers as they got louder and louder in her head.

"She's such a liar" "can you believe what she did to poor Adrien" "I bet you her name isn't even Lila!"

Lila was just about to consider turning back around and running straight out of the school when a voice chirped, "Hi there, you must be Lila right?"

Lila looked up from the ground and was met with sky blue eyes and a friendly smile.

She felt a flicker of hope 'maybe I can finally make a friend'

While Lila did not feel confident in the slightest she put on her best confident smile, she was nothing if not a good actress.

"Yes, I'm Lila Rossi and you are?"

"I'm Marinette Dupain-Cheng, it's nice to finally meet you"

Lila took a closer look at the petite girl, Marinette had Midnight blue hair which was tied back in pigtails. Her eyes were a bluebell blue and she continued to smile at Lila.

'Is this girl an angel?'

Then realisation dawned on Lila 'She said it's nice to finally meet you that means she knows about what I did' Lila looked at Marinette with sad eyes her smile disappearing.

"I'm guessing you heard about what happened"

Marinette gave a sad smile "Yes, but it's a new day"

Lila smiled this girl was so nice she hadn't expected anyone to forgive her at least not this quickly.

"Now come on we don't want to keep Miss Bustier waiting...She hates it when I'm late which is what I am most of the time" Marinette laughed.

Lila felt a small laugh escape her. 'Maybe today won't be so bad' Lila thought as that flicker of hope grew stronger inside her.

Lila walked into the classroom behind Marinette. Fear built inside of her again. Then she heard Marinette whisper "That seat down the back beside Nathanael is free" She looked at Marinette who gave her a small encouraging smile.

"Thank you," Lila said, she didn't just mean for telling her where to sit she also meant for being the first person who was kind to her.

Marinette seemed to catch onto that as her eyes shined happily "There's no need to thank me"

Marinette walked to her seat beside her auburn haired friend, Alya. Lila remembered her name she had been one of the people she had lied to. If she had known that lie would have cost her the most maybe she would have stopped herself from saying it but sadly she couldn't turn back time.

She saw Alya giving her a glare before whispering to Marinette. Lila decided to ignore that and walked on down to the back seat. She saw the boy Marinette had mentioned, Nathanael that was what she called him.

Nathanael was currently drawing in a sketchbook so Lila couldn't really see his face but that red-hair looked familiar which Lila found strange as she didn't remember talking or well lying to anyone with red-hair yesterday.

She reached the desk and bite her lip nervously as she considered what to say "Um...I hope you don't mind if I sit here?"

Nathanael looked up and then Lila realised where she knew him from he was the boy from the street.