Cupids Arrow II

Lila walked out of the school building warm sunlight bathing down on her and making her smile.

The warmth of the sun reminded her of being in Genoa and on the beach with her cousins and friends as they messed around building sandcastles, splashing through the ocean waves or just simply sitting on the sand chatting.

Despite the fact she had got used to Paris life she still missed Genoa-home- dearly.

"Lila?" a voice said cutting into her thoughts and washing away her memories of home.

She turned to the person with blinking eyes "What?"

"I said, see you tomorrow" Sabrina laughed.

"Oh right, bye," Lila said.

"Bye, Lila oh and Nathanael," Sabrina said with a wave as she ran down the steps and to the waiting police car. Her father was collecting her.

"So that was an eventful day...at least everything's cleared up now," Nathanael said standing beside Lila, hands in his pockets.

Lila nodded with a smile. Then she glanced at Nathanael her smile fading.

"Now you!" she said

Nathanael gulped wondering what had made her mad.

"You have to promise me not to hide your feelings anymore!"

Nathanael glared, the usual stubbornness taking him over.

"Nath, I mean it, if you feel sad or angry you need to tell me," Lila said, hands on her hips. "I think it's only fair after all I've kept my promise of no lies"

Nathanael sighed "fine, I won't hide my feelings anymore, I promise"

Lila smiled and nodded in satisfaction. Then she grabbed his hand and with sparkling eyes said "Now it's time for an adventure!" before he could protest Lila was pulling him down the steps.

Nathanael nearly tripped she was going that fast. They were on the pathway when Nathanael finally spoke.

"W-where are we going?" he asked as he ran behind Lila.

Lila suddenly stopped making Nathanael bump into her back. He took a step back with blinking eyes.

Lila turned around to look at Nathanael with a grin "I don't know" he said.

"How can you have an adventure if you don't know where you're going?"

Lila shook her head, her long brown locks falling gently around her like Nathanael had asked the most foolish question she had ever heard.

"Oh, tomato, you still have so much to learn"

Nathanael raised an eyebrow "What?"

"Part of the adventure is finding out where you're going, you have to follow your instincts-Your heart!"

"I don't know...knowing you it'll be risky" Nathanael said.

Lila rolled her eyes "That's the whole point"

Soon she had grabbed his hand again and was pulling him along the Parisian streets.

Zigzagging through the people walking along the pathway, in search of adventure."

"So where is this adventure?" Nathanael asked.

Nathanael and Lila were strolling through a park hand in hand.

Lila pouted "No idea...Italy had far much more adventure than Paris!"

Nathanael chuckled "that's probably because you grew up there"