Cupids Arrow

Morning sunlight streamed through the light curtains in Lila Rossi's room as an alarm clock beeped loudly.

The girl in question was sleeping peacefully unaware of the alarm going off. She rolled over and buried herself further under the sunset orange duvet.

The alarm finally stopped blaring turning the room back to silence. Lila slept on.

Nathanael waited by the school entrance for Lila. He looked through the crowd of passing students but couldn't see any glimpse of her. He sighed 'where the hell is she?'

He reached into his pocket and took out his phone and checked the time. It was almost time for registration if Lila didn't come soon they were going to miss their chance to tell Adrien about the situation. He scanned the crowd again for any glimpse of Lila. Worry obvious in his wide blue eyes. He shifted on his feet anxiously as he stuffed his phone back in his pocket.

"Hey, Nathanael everything okay?" A voice chirped shocking him out of his thoughts.

Nathanael looked to the voice and saw Rose looking at him with confused blue eyes.

"Oh yeah everything's fine" he chuckled, a strained smile on his face.

"Are you sure?" Rose asked.

Nathanael sighed "It's just Lila's late"

Rose nodded "I see...well I'm sure she's fine"

Nathanael shrugged "I know but um we had something to do...we probably won't be able to do it now"

Rose raised a light blonde eyebrow in confusion but decided not to ask.

"Well registration is starting now so we better get going," she said with a gentle smile.

Nathanael nodded "uh yeah" Rose started walking on ahead and Nathanael followed but stopped for a moment looking over his shoulder then he took out his phone deciding to send Lila a quick text.

SuperNath: Where are you?

He sighed as he put his phone back in his pocket. Rose looked over her shoulder "Nathan, you coming?" she asked.

Nathanael nodded and gave a quick smile as he walked faster to catch up with the petite blonde.

Back at the Rossi household Mia, her father's assistant had decided to check on Lila when she had realised the girl was still not up.

She knocked on the bedroom door and opened it a little. "Lila you up yet?" she called out.

There was no reply. Mia glanced in and shook her head with a sigh when she saw the girl was still asleep.

Mia walked in the room and over to the window pulling the curtains open "C'mon Lila it's time to get up!" she said loudly as the sunlight streamed in and onto Lila's face starting to wake her up"

Lila groaned and rubbed her eyes. "Too early" she muttered.

Mia laughed "more like too late"

"What," Lila said still half-asleep.

"You're late for school," Mia said, pushing a piece of stray blonde hair behind her ear.

That was enough to jolt Lila awake "huh? But my alarm..." she said as she sat up and threw off the bedcovers seeing the time on the clock she gasped "shit! I really am late"

"Well hurry yourself up!" Mia said "I'll make sure a car is ready, let's hope you don't miss too much"

Lila nodded and hurried to her wardrobe to get out her clothes.