Masterpiece

Lila began to search through her wardrobe she was hanging out with Nathanael and even though he was just a friend she had to look her best. Lila froze 'Oh God! I sounded like my mother' fear crept into her eyes before she shook it off with a laugh.

She decided to wear a thin red long sleeved top with a black skirt and tights and her usual brown boots. She then grabbed a black jacket, slipping it on. She combed and put her hair in its usual style.

Before heading down for breakfast. She entered the dining room and was surprised to see her Father was their eating breakfast he was usually away by now.

She sat down and poured some cereal and picked up the jug of milk pouting it over the cereal.

"Heading out today?" Her father asked.

Lila looked up and nodded "Yes, a friend is going to show me around Paris"

Her father smiled "I see. Would this friend be Adrien?"

"No" Lila responded bluntly before spooning up some of her cereal to eat.

Her father was a bit taken back that it wasn't Adrien. He gave a cough before asking "may I ask who this friend is?"

Lila swallowed the cereal before answering her Father "Nathanael…Nathanael Kurtzberg"

"Never heard of the family," Her Father said with a thoughtful look.

"Of course you haven't," Lila said with a roll of her eyes. Her father only cared if Families had high rankings in society if they didn't they weren't worth his time at least that's what it appeared like to Lila.

Luca Rossi glanced at his daughter "What was that, my dear?"

"Nothing," Lila said quickly stuffing more cereal in her mouth so she wouldn't have to answer more questions.

"Well I must be going, work to do, people to see," Luca said standing up and leaving the room.

Lila quickly finished her breakfast alone before going up to her room. She decided to take her camera. She had got it for her tenth birthday as she likes to take photos of all the countries she visited, many of them were very scenic. Paris was no different.

Lila looked at the wall above her desk where she had her favourite photos pinned up on board attached to the wall. The other photos were placed carefully in a photo album that was in her desk drawer beside her black notebook.

She grabbed her red shoulder bag putting her camera, phone and purse in it. She was about to leave when her eyes fell on the foxtail necklace she had left hanging on a jewellery stand on her desk. A light breeze blew in through her opened bedroom window making the necklace sway a little.

She didn't know why but it felt like it was telling her to put it on. Lila sighed that was silly how would and why would it tell her to put it on? It was a necklace it didn't have life. She hadn't worn it since her time as Volpina still she found herself reaching for it and picking it up. She had paid for it she may as well make use of it.

Then she put the necklace around her neck and secured the clasp. Lila didn't know how or why but just putting the necklace on made her feel more confident, stronger.

Lila smiled before walking out of the room. She couldn't be late to meet Nathanael.

"Hey, Nathanael" Lila said as she ran up to him.

Nathanael smiled "Hey Lila"

She stopped when she reached him "so where we going first?" she asked.

"Well it doesn't matter to me anywhere you wanted to go?" Nathanael asked looking at her with wide blue eyes.

"Well I actually really wanted to visit the Louvre," Lila said with a shy blush.