I need a Hero

Nathanael stood near his desk staring out the doorway willing Lila to come back. The classroom had plunged into an uncomfortable silence after Lila had rushed out in tears.

'I should have gone after her...I think this is about more than just being annoyed at Ladybug...I'm such a pathetic friend'

"She really doesn't take the truth well, does she?" Chloe laughed "At least it got rid of her! Nobody wants her around here"

Nathanael couldn't stand listening to Chloe's bratty voice anymore. He looked at her with a piercing gaze.

"Shut up, Chloe," he said, coldly "You are cruel and thoughtless and arrogant, you represent everything I despise...you represent what everyone despises!" His voice cut through the tension in the room. Leaving everyone to stare at him in shock, they had never seen Nathanael so cold and unforgiving before.

Chloe's eyes widened in shock "If that's how you really feel then why didn't you stand up for your little lying friend, hmm?" she said in a mocking tone "Oh that's right because you also realise what a horrible person she is, not me, her!"

"Lila's not horrible, she only told a few lies because she was worried she'd be alone! Unlike you, she didn't tell lies to hurt people!" Nathanael snapped.

"Guys! Cut it out!" Alya shouted.

They both looked at her in surprise.

She sighed and held up her phone "It appears that Lila's been akumatised"

Nathanael's eyes widened in worry and shock. "What...No...I should have gone after her" he muttered

Chloe strolled up and grabbed the phone out of Alya's hands despite the girl's annoyed comments about "being careful"

"Typical Rossi, she just has to get attention one way or another...honestly what does she think she's doing wrecking Paris!"

"She's obviously trying to get Ladybugs attention," Alya said, snatching her phone back from Chloe.

Nathanael gasped. 'What am I doing...I can't just stand here, I need to get Lila back...Lila needs me!'

He rushed down the classroom and out the door.

"Nathanael, where you going!" Rose shouted after him.

"He must be going in search of Lila" Juleka voiced up.

The class gasped.

"He wouldn't be that foolish, would he? She's an Akuma now, she would be dangerous!" Mylene said in a fearful voice. She pressed herself closer to Ivan who was standing beside her and he wrapped an arm around her protectively.

"I'm sure Lila wouldn't hurt Nathanael, even though she's Volpina now she still knows Nathanael's a friend!" Rose said with a nod of assurance.

"I hope you right" Juleka whispered.

Nathanael went running down the stairs of the school and his feet hit the pavement. He had never run so fast in his life.

He sprinted down the street. The cars rushed by and he nearly crashed into people, fortunately, they parted to let him through though some people muttered about "no manners" Nathanael didn't care about that, all that was going through his head was 'Lila...I need to get to Lila'

Nathanael didn't have to go far to find Lila. As he was rushing down an alleyway.

A voice called out: "Where do you think you're going, little red?"

He turned around and gasped when he saw Volpina sitting up on a wall looking smug with herself. She gracefully jumped down and looked at him with narrowed eyes. "Well, you still haven't answered my question, which can be considered rude"