Double Date?

Nathanael walked into the class on early on a Monday morning and was surprised to see Lila already in the class. Her head planted down on the table.

He walked up to the desk and smirked "I thought I was the sleepyhead?" he sat down as Lila lifted her head a bit she looked at him before letting out a strangely fox-like whine and flopping her head down again.

Nathanael chuckled. "What's up with you?" he asked.

Lila made no reply or sign of movement.

Nathanael stared at Lila in concern. One of his eyebrows raised in question

"Lila...you still alive?" he gently poked her arm.

Lila finally sat up and brushed some strands of hair out of her face. She sighed loudly. "Nathanael why are parents awful?" she asked, looking ahead instead of directly at him.

Nathanael was confused "um I don't know?" he said.

"Well then it shall forever remain a mystery," Lila said sourly.

"Did something happen? Did your parent's do something to annoy you?" Nathanael asked.

"You could say that" Lila answered.

"You want to tell me?" Nathanael ask.

Before Lila answered the classroom door opened and Adrien walked in talking to Marinette, well Adrien was talking while Marinette was blushing and grinning weirdly. Alya and Nino followed behind with smirks on their faces as they watched their friends.

Lila froze with a glare at the blonde model. She let out an aggravated sigh and collapsed her head back on the table.

"Pretend I don't exist" she mumbled.

"Um...okay," Nathanael said unsurely.

The rest of the day Lila was quiet and somewhat moody. It worried Nathanael to see her keeping stuff to herself especially if it made her so upset. Nathanael was never the kind to be blunt especially with an elephant in the room. However, He felt close enough to Lila that he decides for once in his life it was time to be.

When it came to break. Lila and Nathanael were walking down to the park close to the school.

"Hey Lila," Nathanael said as they were walking down the street.

"Yeah" Lila said, glancing at Nathanael.

"I was wondering why you were so...not yourself lately" He asked.

Lila sighed and looked up at the trees before finally looking back. "It's my father he keeps going on about me and Adrien"

"You and Adrien!" Nathanael exclaimed, the same tightness in his chest that he felt on Saturday when she had mentioned Adrien.

Lila gave him a look of concern but decided to ignore his strange behaviour "Yeah anyway apparently he met Gabriel Agreste and was all like saying about Adrien being close to me and Gabriel was like I have no clue what you're talking about so my dad was annoyed and he called me home which is why I left suddenly on Saturday" Lila took a breath.

"And um what happened then?" Nathanael asked.

"Oh, he was all like you better restore the Rossi Reputation or else!"Lila said putting on an impression of her father.

Nathanael started to laugh.

"What's so funny?" Lila questioned, glaring and giving him a gentle shove.

Nathanael continued to laugh tears appearing in the corner of his eyes "s-sorry" he stuttered through laughter.

"It's just Rossi Reputation?" he laughed" and your impression of your father was just too funny"