Protect the Tomato

Rose Lavilliant was on a mission. She was going to set Lila up with Nathanael if it was the last thing she did.

It was a pity that she couldn't tell anyone after Lila had begged her not to say anything. She had kept trying to hint at Juleka but her girlfriend was not picking up on the hints.

Rose sighed and squeezed a heart-shaped pink pillow that she was holding. She picked up her phone from her bedside table scrolling through her contacts she came to Lila's and hovered about to press it when she let out another sigh and forgot about.

Life was hard for a matchmaker. Especially when everyone expected her to be positive all the time well everyone except one person. She scrolled up a little bit and came to Juleka's contact.

She pressed on it and it and wrote out a quick message.

Flowerchild: I'm sad. She added a sad face emoji and sent the text.

Juleka as always replied quickly to texts especially if they were from Rose.

Mirrorwitch: Why?

Flowerchild: I need to tell you in person. Let's meet in the park before heading to school.

Mirrorwitch: Okay.

Rose smiled her plan had been a success! Lila had said she couldn't tell Juleka until the girl had asked Rose specifically and now she had-technically.

Rose jumped off the bed letting the pillow fall on the pink bed covers which were also covered with hearts. She grabbed a pink bag with wings attached to it from the white hanger that was attached to the back of her door.

She put her phone in a small pocket inside it. A set of hot pink earphones were already inside the pocket. Her tablet and some notebooks and a fluffy pink pencil case for school were also already inside the bag. She put it on her shoulders and headed out.

She walked down the stairs. She looked into the living room and saw her baby brother, Ethan was sitting on the floor watching cartoons. She smiled and walked to say goodbye to her little brother before heading out to school.

Ethan saw Rose come in and his brown eyes widened happily. "Ro-ro!" he giggled happily while clapping his hands.

Rose giggled and bent down to ruffled his blonde curls "I'm going off to school now but I'll be back later"

Ethan pouted "No playtime?"

Rose shook her head "not right now"

Her Mother walked in just as Rose was standing up to leave. She was a small woman and had the same blonde hair and kind blue eyes as her daughter.

"You heading off to school now?" her mum asked.

"I'm meeting Juleka in the park first but then yes I am," Rose said.

"Okay have fun, sweetie" Her mother smiled.

Rose smiled and gave her mom a quick hug and ruffled her little brother's curls one last time before heading off to school.

"Bye-bye"

She heard her little brother call after her before she opened the front door and headed off down the grey stone steps.

Rose reached the park and saw Juleka was sitting on the bench already waiting for her.

Rose ran up to her a happy smile on her face. Juleka saw her and smirked.

"You don't look that sad," she said as Rose approached.

"That's because I saw you, you always make me happy!" Rose smiled.