special - [e]

word count: 1142

~ summary: you meet the dolan twins on the street and a special connection forms between you and ethan ~

———————————————————————

You slowly sipped on your iced coffee as you walked down the busy streets of LA, enjoying the cool breeze that frequently blew through your hair.

It was a beautiful, sunny day, perfect for a stroll and a cool beverage, so that's exactly what you had decided on doing that morning.

As you walked down Hollywood Boulevard, you noticed a group of girls surrounding two guys and got curious. You slid your sunglasses down off your head to your nose so you could see better through the blinding sunshine.

It wasn't uncommon to see groups of people crowding around individuals. Living in LA, celebrities appeared on the sidewalks almost every day. You never really said hello to any of them because either you weren't a fan or you didn't want to disturb their weekend stroll or stop them from getting to their destination.

But this was different. Not only because the guys didn't seem to mind the amount of fans surrounding them but because they looked oddly familiar from far away.

You would be kicking yourself later if you didn't at least go see who the boys were, so you crossed the street and casually made your way over to where the guys and their fans were standing.

You peeked through the small group of teenagers and saw none other than the Dolan Twins. Ethan's eyes met yours and he smiled before his gaze went down your body and then came back up.

He took his hat out of his drawstring bag and ran his fingers through his dark hair before putting it on backwards. You locked eyes once again and this time he smirked at you.

You watched their videos pretty frequently but it was purely for the entertainment purpose. You never crushed on either of them, but, now seeing them in person, you had to admit that Ethan was really cute.

You pulled out your phone and plopped down on the bench a little off to the side of the group so you didn't look so awkward just standing there. You set your coffee down next to you and tapped away at your screen to look busy.

———

After a while, more girls appeared to say hello to the twins and you had been there for long enough.

You sighed and stood up, grabbing your drink and shoving your phone into your back pocket. You started walking back down the sidewalk when murmurs and gasps emanated from the group.

Loud footsteps approached you and you looked over to see Ethan walking next to you. You stopped in your tracks and turned to face him, smiling.

"Hey," he said, adjusting his hat.

"Hey," you replied, your mind racing, wondering what to say.

"I wanted to introduce myself before you left. I'm Ethan. What's your name?"

"Y/N," you answered shyly.

There was a small moment of awkward silence so you decided to break it by saying something random.

"You and your brother's videos are hilarious," you blurted.

He smiled. He definitely sensed that you were a little shy but you had no clue that he thought it was adorable.

"Thanks. You watch our videos?"

"Every Friday."

He nodded slowly, crinkling his eyebrows, and you giggled.

"I'm kidding. Every Tuesday."

He chuckled and you found yourselves chatting while you walked down the street, completely forgetting about Grayson and the fans you left behind.

You and Ethan stopped a few times so he could say hi to some lingering fans but it was mostly just you two, walking side by side, talking about random stuff.

———

Seconds turned into minutes and minutes turned into hours before you realized that you and Ethan had been hanging out for almost two hours.

"I had no idea it was so late. Don't you have to get back to Grayson?" you asked. "It's 2:00."

His face dropped and he checked his phone frantically.

"Oh God, I have 17 missed calls from him. I should probably call him back and find him," he said.

You nodded and flashed Ethan a quick smile before starting back down the street, but you felt him grab your arm lightly to stop you from walking.

"Wait, before you go, I wanted to ask if you have any social media," he said.

"Why?"

He blushed and picked at his fingernails.

"I don't know, so that we could stay in touch and stuff," he said nervously, kicking around invisible dirt.

You smiled at how cute and shy he was acting.

"You know you could just ask me for my number, right?" you said, making him look up at you and smirk.

"Yeah, that'd probably be better."

You giggled and he handed you his phone. You typed your phone number into his contacts and made your contact name "random fan" as a joke before handing it back.

He shook his head at what you had written and deleted "random" to replace it with "special".

He looked back up to see you smiling and blushing like crazy. He knew you read what he typed in.

"I loved hanging out with you today. Call me sometime so we can do this again," you said.

You turned around and strutted down the street, smiling uncontrollably. You swirled around the last swig of your iced coffee, sipped it, and threw it into a garbage can next to you with the most confidence you'd ever had.

———

Meanwhile, Ethan turned the opposite direction and went on the hunt for Grayson.

"Hello?" Grayson said after picking up the phone.

"Yo dude, where are you?" Ethan asked.

"The real question is where are you? You ditched me and the fans to talk to that girl and didn't come back. You also didn't answer my calls so I'm really pissed off right now," Grayson said.

"Sorry bro but if you really thought I was gonna let a cute girl just walk away without talking to her, you are not my twin brother," Ethan replied.

"Well what took so long?"

"We got lost in conversation and realized it two hours later."

"At least tell me you got her number or something," Grayson said, hoping Ethan's absence wasn't for nothing.

"Yeah, I got her number," Ethan said, biting his lip to hide his smirk.

"Good. Okay, I'm home so just meet me here."

Ethan continued walking down the street, knowing the way home like the back of his hand because him and Grayson had strolled through the city almost every day.

His mind trailed off as he crossed streets and turned corners. He finally pulled his phone back out of his pocket, opened his contacts, and changed your name from "special fan" to "Y/N❤️".

i don't like this one at all so um that's cool😎