preschool - [e]

word count: 2023

~ summary: a trip to your sister's preschool causes a run-in with a cute guy from
school ~

———————————————————————

Your little sister, Lily, burst through the front door of the house, excitedly cheering about God knows what.

You set your pencil down and put a pause on your homework to see what she was yelling about.

"Y/N!!!" she called, rushing into the kitchen and quickly handing you a sheet of purple paper.

You scanned it and smiled. It was an invitation to go to her school for a Siblings' Day, where the little kids would do activities with their older sister or brother.

"Will you come, will you come, will you come?!" Lily begged excitedly.

"I would love to," you said, causing her to jump around the kitchen and cheer.

———

As you pulled into the parking lot of Miss Sunshine's Preschool, you smiled widely. You had been so excited to go and see Lily because of how she had been counting down the days.

Lily adored you in every way and people would always gush about how cute it was. She looked up to you, as you were sixteen and she was four, and loved you more than anything.

You made your way towards the little building, walking with almost a little too much pep in your step as you neared the entrance. You pushed open the front door and a flood of little voices filled your ears.

There were so many preschool kids running around with their older siblings and it surprised you how many of them were old enough to drive themselves there, much like you.

They were mostly from your high school but you didn't know anyone there enough to go up to them. They were either in a different grade level or in your own but you didn't really talk to them.

You scanned the room of bustling people and eventually found the adorable, bright, smiling face of Lily. She saw you almost immediately and ran up to you, squealing happily.

"You're here!" she cheered.

She wrapped her arms around your legs to hug you, which made you giggle. You bent down and picked her up, resting her on your hip, allowing her to snake her little arms around your neck.

"Hi Lil', you excited about today?" you asked, bouncing her around a little, pulling a laugh out of her.

She nodded quickly and you gave her one last smile before setting her down.

"Welcome siblings!" the preschool teacher, Mrs. Tate, announced, emerging from a separate room.

You smiled in recognition of your former teacher and held Lily's hand, forcing you to bend all the way down on your knees until your butt was barely hovering over the floor. Lily was so tiny and you almost wanted to cry thinking about how she would only get bigger as she got older.

Mrs. Tate walked around and greeted all the guests, giving people time to really take in their surroundings.

And that's when your eyes landed on Ethan Dolan.

He was the same age as you and you guys went to the same school. You talked sometimes, but only because you had some classes together and were forced to due to a partnership or having questions.

He was wearing a black long-sleeved shirt with gray sweatpants and a black snapback resting backwards on his head. He was insanely good looking and you were so angry that you never noticed until that moment.