camping - [g]

word count: 2069

~ summary: you and grayson go camping with your friends and an unexpected relationship is formed ~

———————————————————————

The sun slowly crept up the sky until it reached your window, the harsh light awaking you from your slumber. You rubbed the sleep from your eyes and sat up to stretch your arms. You rolled over in your bed and picked your phone up off the bedside table and opened it to see an image of a text message on the lock screen. You read the contact name and sighed happily. It was from Grayson, your impossibly perfect boyfriend.

Morning gorgeous, Chase and Sabrina wanna go camping today. You interested?

You lied back so you were leaning against the headboard of your bedframe and smiled as you typed your response.

Definitely. You going?

You set your phone back down where it was originally sitting and stood up, walking to your closet to pick out your outfit for the day while you waited for Grayson to respond.

You settled on a light pink cropped sweater and black jeans with a pair of white Vans.

Your phone *ding*ed and you closed the door to your closet and skipped over, giggling at Grayson's text back.

Obviously ;)

You slid your phone into your pocket and walked into the kitchen of your apartment to make yourself breakfast.

You pressed the call button on Grayson's contact and made sure it was on speaker before putting it on the counter to start making your toast.

"Hey, what's up," Grayson greeted, his deep, husky morning voice making your heart leap.

"Hi, um, what time are we leaving?" you asked as you carefully spread butter on a piece of toasted bread.

"I'm gonna pick you up in like a half an hour and I'll just drive us both there. Chase and Sabrina are already there and setting up so you won't really need anything expect your phone."

You nodded even though Grayson couldn't see you and wiped your hands together to dispose of the crumbs stuck to them.

"Ok, I'll see you soon, babe," you said, picking up the phone and speaking into it so you could hang up momentarily.

"Bye." You tapped the end button and plugged your phone in so you could have maximum battery for the trip.

You ate your breakfast and barely got through one episode of the show you were watching when Grayson walked through the door.

"Your chauffeur has arrived," he announced, bowing.

"Stand up straight, you goof ball," you teased, bouncing off the couch and walking over to him, pressing a soft kiss to his lips.

"Ready?" he asked.

You felt your pockets and made sure you had your phone and keys before nodding firmly.

———

The campsite was so beautiful and open, the trees hugging the area where you and your friends would be set up. The sky was a light shade of blue and the fluffy clouds slowly rolled across it, the perfect weather making you smile widely.

Grayson parked off on the grass and you both laughed at the fact that Chase and Sabrina had gone completely overboard.

There were two tents set up, one for you and Grayson and one for them, you presumed. (They weren't dating but you and Grayson would secretly gossip about the fact that they were totally into each other).