google doc - [e]

word count: 3532 (ooh she thicc)

~ summary: you meet a cute boy in one of your lectures that's just as confused as you are. you decide to work together to better understand the material but only end up distracting each other. ~ 

———————————————————————

When you were a senior in high school, you had always talked to your friends who were freshmen in college, making sure to get the inside scoop on what to do and what not to do. Their most important rule was to never sign up to take a class earlier than 10:00am.

"Seriously? I got up for high school at 5:00am, anything later than that would be a piece of cake," you retorted.

"Trust us. You may think you'll be able to handle it, but you'll end up hating the class and regretting not listening to us," your friends had explained.

Unfortunately, your arrogance got the best of you and you ended up signing up for a 9:00am lecture on Integrative Biology, which wasn't smart because you weren't even sure what that was. You saw the word biology and figured it would be easy.

You were wrong.

Due to your refusal to listen to the people that literally experienced what you were about to do, you found yourself half-asleep trudging to your Monday morning lecture.

It had begun to rain but you had woken up far too late to dress according to the weather. You knew you should've gotten up at the first sound of your alarm instead of hitting snooze until you had twenty minutes to get ready.

You rushed through the double doors into a room built almost like an auditorium, filled with easily a hundred people. At least you weren't the only one dumb enough to get up this early on a Monday.

You hurried to find a seat before it was full and got comfortable just as the professor walked in. He did not look like he was here to play games.

"Good morning everyone and welcome to Integrative Biology. My name is Dr. Smith and in a few moments I'll be passing around your syllabus for this class."

You got lost in your thoughts as he continued blabbering. Why the hell did you think this would be easy? You had just sat down and you were already ready to leave and take a nap.

You mentally groaned at your stubbornness as you pulled out a notebook and a pencil. You knew you should've listened to your friends when they warned you about taking lectures this early.

In a matter of seconds, you felt as if your head was spinning. You couldn't understand a word coming out of Dr. Smith's mouth. It sounded like he was speaking a different language.

Your eyes glanced around the room, desperately trying to find someone that was as lost as you were, but everyone looked like they knew exactly what they were doing.

You looked at the person to your left and made eye contact with a sketchy ass guy who definitely sold vape pens between classes due to the fact that he reeked of cigarettes and artificial cotton candy.

You flashed him a quick smile and moved your eyes out of his direction. You turned to the person on your right and almost breathed a sigh of relief.

He had a notebook set in front of him with only a few things written down and he was tapping his pen in a frustrated manner. You leaned over towards him a little causing him to turn to you.

"Do you understand any of this?" you asked as quietly as you could.

"Not at all," the brunette replied. "Glad I'm not the only one."