caught - [e]

word count: 2042

~ summary: you and ethan sneak out of a family gathering to go to a teenager party, which leads to some unexpected events taking place ~

———————————————————————

"Rise and shine!" your mom exclaimed as she threw open your window shades, blinding you with morning light. "We are having a few people over later so make sure you're ready."

She walked out after making sure you were awake and shut the door behind her loudly to ensure that you wouldn't fall back asleep.

Your mom had already told you yesterday that you were having people over, but they weren't coming until seven. So why the hell had she woken you up from such a nice sleep?

That damn woman. As much as you loved her, she could really get on your nerves sometimes.

Anyways, whenever your parents had people over, it was always so boring because it was the same crowd every time: the Johnsons, the Smiths, the O'Henrys, and the Dolans.

To be honest, you didn't really mind when the Dolans showed up because Lisa and Sean's son, Ethan, had been your close friend since the beginning of time and you guys always had a lot of fun together.

Before you got reprimanded for not "being ready", you picked out your outfit carefully. A long, pastel, dark pink dress, black ankle boots and black shorts would have to do. Not like you were trying to impress anyone. (;))

———

Hours passed and eventually the few people who would arrive started to trickle in.

You were put in charge of taking their coats and carrying them to the back room since you complained about have nothing to do.

Once almost everyone had arrived and you took what was thought to be the last coat, someone came up behind you and grabbed your waist quickly, startling the hell out of you which caused you to aimlessly toss the coat you were holding.

You figured it was the pesky little ten-year-old from the Johnson family but you turned around to see Ethan laughing hysterically.

He was wearing loose jeans and a long-sleeved red shirt which matched perfectly with the black snapback he was wearing. You could feel your skin getting hotter the longer you looked at because he just looked so good.

"What the heck!" you shouted, playfully slapping his arm and pushing your attraction to the side.

"Nice to see you too," he teased. "Is this what you've been doing since the get-together started?"

You nodded and picked up the coat you had dropped, adding it to your perfectly aligned collection.

"I organized them by first name," you stated proudly.

He laughed at your dorkiness and you both walked out of the back room into where everyone was conversing.

You walked over to the small snack table and popped a chip into your mouth, ignoring the fact that dinner was available on the table.

"I would rather this be a fun, teenager party," you complained, picking up another chip, thinking you were talking to yourself.

"Then let's ditch this boring thing and go to one," Ethan suggested, coming up behind you.

"Ethan, it's seven o'clock at night. Who the hell is having a party this early?"

"My friend's throwing one and I'm pretty sure it's literally on the other side of the neighborhood. Let's go to it."