skip - [g]

word count: 2318

~ summary: you can't stand school anymore, so you and grayson skip and make the most out of the day ~

———————————————————————

"I don't want to goooo," you groaned, throwing a pillow over your face in agony.

"There's only a few more months of school, you'll survive," Grayson reassured.

It was Sunday night and you were hanging out with Grayson. Well, more like complaining to Grayson about the fact that you had school the next day.

Four months through junior year and you were already fed up. Every single class you had was taught by the meanest teachers who gave you way too much nightly homework.

"All I ask is for one day off. One day! But no! We don't get snow in California so there are no snow days. The teachers have their meetings on the weekends so no professional days. What the hell kinda world are we living in!"

You threw the pillow back over your face and groaned once more.

"Y/N, we get the weekends off you know," Grayson reminded.

"No Gray, I'm talking about during the week. One day where I know that I'm supposed to be at school learning useless shit but I'm not because I don't have to. On the weekend, you just plain don't have to. That's boring."

Grayson sighed and leaned back on the couch.

"How about I drive you to school tomorrow. Then you don't have to walk," he offered.

"It's like a five minute walk from here. Why bother?"

"Just let me be nice for once," he joked.

You sighed and agreed, having no clue of his plan.

———

You slung your bag over your shoulder and hopped into Grayson's car, which was parked in front of your house. He revved the engine, and you were off to the one place you hated the most.

You sighed as the huge, brick building came into view. You watched everyone hop off their buses or out of their cars or turn the corner into the courtyard from walking.

You neared closer and closer to the car entrance and... you kept going.

"Grayson, you missed the turn," you said.

"No, I didn't," he insisted with a smug look plastered on his face.

"Yes, the school is back there."

You threw yourself over the back of the seat and pointed at the building, slowly disappearing out of your sight line.

"Grayson! Turn around!"

"No."

"Why?" You slumped in your seat and crossed your arms over your chest.

"We're skipping today."

Grayson watched out of the corner of his eye as your facial expression shifted from annoyed to furious.

"Are you insane?! My mom will kill me if she finds out!" you shouted.

Grayson merely chuckled and stepped a little harder on the gas, which made you even angrier.

"Are you listening to me? Turn around before we get our asses kicked!"

"Calm down for two seconds so I can explain, you psycho," he said.

You calmed down and settled into your seat, ready to hear whatever he had to say.