jealousy - [e]

word count: 3885

~ summary: you go to coachella with the twins and a run-in with another cute guy makes ethan jealous ~

———————————————————————

After almost a five hour car ride through the night, your best friend, Cameron, finally stopped the car and put it in park next to the cozy villa you guys had rented out for the weekend.

You and Cam were also with her two younger brothers, Ethan and Grayson, so you were forced to push past Ethan in order to get out of the vehicle you'd been trapped in for far too long. Grayson was especially excited about arriving to the destination because the cramped car didn't settle well with his claustrophobia. Meanwhile, Ethan took a few extra seconds to step outside as he rubbed the sleep from his eyes, the nap he had taken during the ride slowing him down a little.

"Hey there, sleepy head," you cooed at Ethan, causing his cheeks to turn pink and his lips to curl up into a little smile.

Grayson eventually pulled him out of the car and started pushing him around to wake him up, so you walked around to the trunk to help Cam wheel the luggage in.

The ride to Los Angeles for the music festival wasn't as miserable as you had expected. You had offered to drive for the first few hours and Ethan called shotgun so you all jammed out to your playlist for a while until you got tired so Cam drove and Grayson sat in the passenger's seat.

That leg of the trip wasn't too painful except for when Cam and Grayson fought over the AUX cord for a good ten minutes. Their fighting was giving you quite the headache while Ethan merely rested his head on your shoulder and took a nap, clearly used to this type of behavior.

Cam was understandably too exhausted to bring everything in so she yelled at the boys to grab their things and you all carried your heavy bags up the driveway and into the amazing villa that only people as wealthy as the Dolans could afford to rent out for such a short time.

It was high up near the hills with a huge pool behind it and a perfect view of the city. The villa itself was so spacious with a nice living room that you could all hang out in and three master bedrooms. You and Cam claimed the room with two Queen sized beds while the twins each chose their own separate rooms.

Ethan looked into you and Cam's room and noticed that you were the only one in there, but only because Cam had gone out to a nearby grocery store to buy some of the necessities like Ethan's dairy-free milk and avocados for the avocado toast Grayson had for breakfast every morning.

Ethan stepped into the room, but you didn't notice him at first because you were sitting on your bed, carefully laying out your outfit for that night.

"Hey," he said, causing you to look up at him and smile. "You excited for the festival tonight?"

You nodded and he walked over to the bed, taking a seat in front of you before chucking a cold water bottle at you. You gasped as it made contact with your arm, leaving condensed water residue on your skin.

"Dipshit," you mumbled, followed by a giggle when Ethan raised his eyebrow at you. "Have you set out your outfit yet? You've been bragging about it for days so I have very high expectations."

Ever since you, Cam, and the twins went shopping for your outfits, you had all kept them to yourselves as a surprise for the others. Grayson and Ethan's outfit coordinated and so did you and Cam's. Ethan had done nothing but raved about his amazing outfit for the past week so you were dying to know how good it truly was.

"And you can keep those expectations high because I'm gonna look great," he stated.

You rolled your eyes and continued rearranging pieces of clothing on your bed. You heard Ethan crack open the water bottle he had thrown at you earlier and you found your eyes wondering up towards him as he took a long drink. His large hand fit around the bottle entirely and his strong bicep was in perfect view. Suddenly you couldn't pull your eyes away from him and you struggled to stop your mind from entering unspeakable territory.