drunk feelings - [e]

word count: 2368

~ summary: when you get drunk at your neighbor's party, secret feelings are
confessed ~

———————————————————————

Thank God it was Friday, you didn't think you could've survived another day without a night of sleeping for as long as you wanted. The only downfall was that you had a test on Monday and you really had to start studying.

You decided that you would try and get all your studying done Friday night so you wouldn't have to worry about it all weekend.

You placed your notebook and highlighters on your desk and quickly got to work highlighting everything important that you might need to know for the test.

For the next half an hour, you were really in your zone, highlighting and memorizing and researching.

The sound of loud music instantly interrupted your flow and distracted you from what you were doing, which made you frustrated. It was hard for you to stay focused so whatever ruined that pissed you off.

You looked out your window to see way too many cars parked anywhere near your neighbor, Ethan's, house. There had to be at least thirty. They were all over Ethan's lawn and a few were even along yours.

You groaned at the realization that Ethan was throwing a party. A huge, messy, loud, teenage party.

You couldn't take the headache inducing sound of the booming music so you quickly made sure you looked presentable and made your way over to his house.

———

Ethan had moved into your neighborhood a few weeks before and you thought you guys could become good friends, but after he called you babe when he didn't even know your name yet, you realized he was a fuckboy.

No matter how many times you told yourself he was no good, you often found yourself thinking about him.

He called you babe all the time, he smirked at you daily even though it drove you insane, and he even kissed you once when you started spiraling just to shut you up.

You guys had even worked together to get back at a group of girls that used you to get closer to Ethan, knowing that you two were neighbors. The plan was for the girls to think that you two were a "thing" and they would eventually back off of you, which they did.

But the feeling that you two were a thing didn't feel very fake.

You didn't want to have to look at his stupidly hot face but you had to for the sake of your grades.

———

You loudly banged on the door and were soon greeted by a smirking Ethan.

"Come to party?" he asked.

You grabbed his wrist firmly and pulled him outside to the front lawn.

"Look. It's Friday night and I really need to study. The music is giving me a headache and I can't focus. So can you do the whole neighborhood a favor and shut it down?" you pleaded.

Ethan sighed and played with his bottom lip.

"I'll make you a deal," he said at last. "You come inside and hang out for a little while. The second you get bored, I'll shut it down. Deal?"

You listened to the yelling and screaming of way too many teenagers and the intense booming of the speakers and thought no. No way.

But, for some reason, the word "yes" rolled off your tongue.