Chapter 1: Reunion

Inside a coffee shop on the east side of the city, customers were sitting in twos and threes.

A man wearing a white shirt flicked the bangs covering his eyes. He took the tortoise shell in his hands and placed it on the table. "Last night, I performed a divination just for today's blind date. It revealed that my fated partner will appear from the east wearing a long white skirt."

Ding Meng glanced at herself. No wonder her grandma forced her to wear a white floral dress before leaving.

The man facing her pressed on, "You were born on May 20th, a Taurus. I'm a Virgo. Taurus and Virgo are the most compatible zodiac signs."

"Are they? Haha." Ding Meng tilted her head downwards and took a small sip of lemonade from her glass while secretly rolling her eyes.

The other party sized her up with a couple glances. His line of sight paused on her eyeglasses and then he spoke seriously, "However, according to Yi Jing, women who wear glasses will hold me back. Would you be willing to exchange them for contact lenses?

T/N: Yi Jing is an ancient divination text, a Chinese classic.

Ding Meng sighed twice. She really wanted to ask him just what edition of Yi Jing he was reading. However, thinking about her weak hearted grandmother at home, she endured and responded, "Haha, I am allergic to wearing contacts."

"How about doing LASIK? It's very quick."

Ding Ming put on an alarmed expression. "I hear LASIK will burn your eyes. So scary! To be honest, my prescription is very low. I can still see pretty clearly without glasses."

The man looked at the lens pieces on her glasses which were almost as thick as a wall and laughed dryly. "However, you still can't see very far into the distance right?"

"No way." Ding Meng shook her head. "The sun is really far, but I can still see it!

The guy, "......"

Shortly after, the little fortune telling prince found an excuse to leave. After sending him off, Ding Meng downed the remaining lemonade in one gulp. Exhaling a big breath, she took a small case out of her purse and skillfully swapped on a pair of contact lenses.

So wearing framed glasses could prevent romance from developing after all. Her online friends did not deceive her.

Just as Ding Meng put away her case and stood up ready to leave, a lady from a nearby booth angrily slapped the table and stood up. "You don't have to attend blind dates if you don't want to, but you can't insult people like this!"

After speaking, she immediately stomped down on her black high heels and click clacked off into the distance. The other customers couldn't help but glance in the booth's direction. Ding Meng held her bag and also curiously took a glimpse.

Qiao Yichen leaned on the sofa silently.

If just that much was insulting, then wouldn't his attitude towards singers in the recording studio be considered downright cruel? Not only that, people on a blind date should just blind date. Why suddenly insist on singing for him in the middle?

Since she dared sing, she can't blame him for speaking the truth.

"Qiao... Goudan?"

T/N: Goudan literally means dog egg. Eggs are pretty typical in Chinese insults for some reason.

An unfamiliar sounding female voice suddenly travelled to his ears. Thanks to his occupation, Qiao Yichen rated the voice a 70% out of habit. By his standards, this was already a rare high mark.