Chapter 18: Pointers

Perhaps due to the effects of alcohol, Ding Meng slept through the night very soundly. It wasn't until the next day when she was awoken by her alarm clock that she felt her temple ache dully.

How many glasses had she drank last night? Was it three glasses or was it four glasses?

Thinking up to there, she let out a sigh. The wine from last night wasn't strong at all. How had she fallen so quickly?

The word "fallen" made her head ache a bit. Then the three words "retire to bed" jumped out.

She drew in a cold breath of air and instinctively covered her chest. Ah, her undergarments were still on.

She let out a breath and climbed out of bed, heading to the bathroom to wash up. While facing the mirror and brushing her teeth, she recalled that yesterday, Qiao Yichen seemed to have carried her back, but what happened afterwards? Did she say anything? Ah wait a minute, what about training? Had she skipped training??

She spat out the bubbles in her mouth, feeling anxious that today's training would be doubled.

Before getting dressed and heading out, she carefully took a couple glances outside. It looked like Qiao Yichen had already left. Carrying her bag, she left her room. She ate the breakfast on the table, grabbed a slice of bread, and hurriedly rushed to the training camp.

For this round of training, the Popularity team and Merit team were separated. Because the Popularity team needed to fight a tough battle, the instructors had prepared an exhausting training itinerary, as if they wanted the contestants to be completely reborn for next week's competition.

After a morning of exercise, the contestants of the Popularity team were paralyzed with exhaustion. The gossip loving girl Liao Qian had also advanced into the Popularity team. While she wiped off her sweat with a towel, she complained, "Heavens, I can clearly depend on my face to eat. Why do I have to be forced to rely on my skill!"

The other three people began to laugh. The instructor walked over and fiercely spoke, "Since you all still have the energy to laugh, run another kilometer this afternoon!"

Everyone, "..."

Damn, it's not like they came to participate in a military boot camp.

The majority of the afternoon was spent vocal training. Generally speaking, it was a little more relaxed than the morning's physical training. This time, the instructors asked the contestants early on what they were going to perform for the next competition. Aside from Ding Meng, everyone had already made a decision.

The instructor told her that she needed to be ready to tell him her song choice by tomorrow morning. Ding Meng nodded and began wracking her brain over this problem on the way home.

She usually listened to English songs and was pretty good at jazz and blues. However, Qiao Yichen had clearly said that he wouldn't allow her to sing English songs. If it had to be a Chinese song....was it too late to go out and buy a record?

She thought a bit and then took out her phone to look for songs on a legal music app. The app had many music charts. A picture of Gu Xin's new album Lose Control was placed in the most prominent advertising position. Ding Meng searched a bit and then selected "Classic Songs Best-seller Chart".

At the top of the list was the song Yearning, made fifteen years ago by Pan Ying for the movie Yearning for the Sea.

Although the name Yearning for the Sea sounded somewhat scholarly, the movie was an anti-war romance story which had moved many people back in the day. Ding Meng was still very young when she watched this movie and hadn't truly understood its profoundness. However, the story, in which the heroine waited her entire lifetime but never managed to see the hero return from the battlefield, had still left a large impression on her young mind.